Hotwire Hotel: Charleston Bidding Help (Resort)

bigmanprincipal
By bigmanprincipal,
in

I am looking to book 2 rooms in the Charleston (East of Cooper area) for August 1-5, 2005. I came across a resort for these dates and I am not sure which hotel it is. The Ammenities are as follows: Resort, Restaurants, Polls, Fitness Center, Children's Activity Program, Golf, and Business Center. It is listed as a 4 * property. The cost per room/per nigt is $118.

We would really like to be close to the beach but the ammenities don't list beachfront or beach access.

I believe this might be the Boardwalk Inn Hotel at the Wild Dunes Resort but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

I will also post this topic in the general questions area (Sorry) since the South Carolina area doesn't seem to have many posts.

I'm wondering if it is the Hilton Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina, which shows up in the Packages area as a 4* with the following amenities:

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Children's Activity Program

Golf Nearby

Business Center

Expedia rates it as a 3.5 * and it looks to me like it's in the East of Cooper zone based on the Expedia map -- what do others think?

If you try the dates 8/3 to 8/7, there is another 4 * that shows up in the same zone with:

Resort, Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Children's Activity Program, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

I think it might be the Wild Dunes Resort, but it is showing a rate of $206!!!

Do you have any flexibility in your dates or would you be willing to drop to a lower quality level to get something closer to the beach?

We have a little flexibility with these dates, but we are certainly looking for something closer to the beach. We were originally looking for Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head but finding good properties on the beach is hard to come by (especially at a good price).

I looked at the Hilton web site for this property and Hilton is saying that it is a 3 star AAA property with the following ammenities: pool, fitness, business center, wireless, and handicap accessible. It doesn't seem to match up with what is listed on Hotwire in terms of the ammenities or the Pinned lists.

Does anyone know of public beach access if we were to stay in the Charleston area, other than at Wild Dunes Resort?

If you are still interested in Hotwire and want a hotel closer to the beach, look for the beachfront or 'near beach' icons. You can then check the Packages area of Hotwire to see if you can try and narrow down the ID.

For example, there is a 3* in the (Charleston) Folly Beach zone for your dates with:

Beachfront, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

It is $209 per night, though! But if you look at some packages for the same dates, it looks like it might be the Holiday Inn Charleston - On the Beach.

I only took a quick look at this because I am doing a bunch of stuff this morning, but when I checked the HI website, I believe there is a rate of $156 for your dates.

If you are interested in Hotwire's Double the Difference guarantee, you might be able to get this room for about $100. But don't trust my quick appraisal, make sure you do the research as well!

I looked at the Hilton web site for this property and Hilton is saying that it is a 3 star AAA property with the following ammenities: pool, fitness, business center, wireless, and handicap accessible. It doesn't seem to match up with what is listed on Hotwire in terms of the ammenities or the Pinned lists.

The Hilton amenity icons do not match up to those that Hotwire uses exactly, but if you read the description of the property on the Hilton website, it also includes 'seasonal children's programs' and on-site or nearby golf and it has a restaurant on-site, as well.

Hotwire's icons won't necessarily match those of any or every individual Web site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]