CA Los Angeles Furama LAX

jenlai1345
By jenlai1345,
in

We won thie hotel for $25 (per night for two weekend nights)...came up to $65 total.

Last weekend we stayed in this Furama hotel near LAX, and it turned out to be a great experience.

After reading such bad reviews, we prepared ourselves to see a room in a very bad condition. However, the room was clean, the restroom was clean also(and there's even hair dryer and shampoos), and they have cable TV...also, it's in a good location(between LAX and LMU).

We've stayed in various motels in LAX area and Culver city area, and we've seen motels much, much worst than that. ( eg. things like a criminal might be living next to you....and the TV doesn't work....sheets got stains...restroom isn't in a condition to use...) Those motels cost about $40 including tax.

Overall, we were very happy with Furama, esp. there's a Ralph right next to it where you can get stuff anytime.

If you just need a place just to stay, this is the one. (It might help if you inform the front desk that you'd like a clean room while you check in).

Bad about it: Parking: $8.50 per day.

Prior to check-in

Once at LAX I called the hotel up from the complimentary phones. It was swiftly answered and in less than ten minutes the van stopped to pick me up. Van went full, back to the hotel.

Check-in

Unfortunately I got at the end of the huge check-in line and it was already well past mid-night. It took over 15 minutes to get me to the front desk. My check-in didn't take more than two minutes. No questions asked. Reservation was in the system. I was given a tower room.

Room

Fantastic - that's one word I'd use to describe it. Very well appointed. Large king bed, cable TV, clean, ammenities in the bathroom, nice towels and good sheets in bed. Air conditioning working perfectly. Nice view towards the airport. Alarm-clock and fridge available...

Check-out

One just needs to leave the room - no need to stop by at front desk.

Vans towards the airport run every thirty minutes. If a van gets full prior to the thirthy minute dead-line it IMMEDIATELY heads to the airport.

Comments

There's a huge supermarket that remains open until 2am, next to the hotel. Quite convenient for a last minute purchase, be it food or something else.

They claim to have a complimentary van service to Santa Monica - I didn't use it.

I'd give it an A+ for a 2* property. It's very nice and at an excellent price. While there I did see Air China crew getting checked in.

I was informed that the TOWER rooms are indeed much better than the other rooms.

I'd highly recommend this property.

• 5 months later...

This hotel is filthy and Not Acceptable. We rejected two of two offered rooms because the furniture and carpets were heavily stained, and because the rooms, lobby, and public areas stank of mold and urine. We got the creeps just being inside the place. PL refunded our money as they have for others. This property should not be permitted to participate in PL.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]