Priceline Hotel: 3* Valley Forge Scanticon Conference Center

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I read some really bad reviews for this hotel and decided to take a loss on my first two nights and stay downtown instead. I will check in here tomorrow and take advantage of the fact that it is close to the King of Prussia Mall and has free parking.

I stayed here for the last night of the reservation and the hotel amazed me. The rooms are straight out of the 60's with all the colors clashing .... no bedskirts revealing an aged mattress.

BUT on a positive note, the room has a lot of character to make up for its lack of class .... huge windows, huge room which was not square (angled in the oddest ways), well lit sink area which is separate from the bathroom. The bathroom itself has a huge two-person jaccuzi with 5 powerful jets.

Looking back, I would definitely stay here again .... it was uniquely different.

I will in the future start a review for this hotel but can not copy and paste right now from this computer.

I stayed here for the last night of the reservation

Would you be so kind as to explain that sentence? What I'm getting is that you had a PL reservation for more than one night, but you did not check in until the last night. If that's the case, didn't the hotel try to shake you off as a no-show?

I read some really bad reviews for this hotel and decided to take a loss on my first two nights and stay downtown instead. I will check in here tomorrow and take advantage of the fact that it is close to the King of Prussia Mall and has free parking.

Zbenye, see the above quote from the first post.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That doesn't answer my question. He posted on 6/1 that he "will check in tomorrow", meaning 6/2. But then his stay dates appear to have been 5/31-6/2. So it's a bit confusing. Did he mean 5/31-6/3 (otherwise how could he be checking in on his checkout day)?

There's a lengthy discussion on TOBB about what happens to a "prepaid" stay if you show up later than the intended check-in night, so I'm very interested in squeegee's exact story :)

He posted on 6/1 that he "will check in tomorrow", meaning 6/2.

Ah, i see the confusion, but based upon the fourth post (quoted below), i'd say he checked in on the last day of the reservation (whether that is the 2nd or 3rd):

I stayed here for the last night of the reservation...

I too am curious as to how the check-in process went, as i'm familiar with the BS that has gone on when missing the first nite (or more) of a reservation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are right about checking in late ... I was considered a "no-show" by the hotel and arrived at 6:00am on the morning of my last night booked. The 'desker' wasn't sure how to check me in so he called the Radisson which is attached and jointly owned and they showed him how to over-ride the system to check me in. At first, he wanted me to wait around for an hour to wait for someone of authority to figure it out BUT I persisted on him doing something.

From his knowledge, the hotel can not bill priceline for a no-show but he really had no clue and just quit working at the Holiday Inn.

My stay dates should have been posted as May 31 - June 3.

Right now, I am at the Hilton Garden Inn in Edison, NJ. I will post some comments under that post on the board.

Thanks for the details, squeegee.

First, it's interesting to see a hotel accepting you so late into your scheduled PL stay. That's definitely not what others reported elsewhere.

Second, it's interesting to learn that our stays are not really prepaid to the hotel, contrary to TBoTOBB's authoritive proclamation. It's also very troubling, because if/when PL goes under, hotels would be foolish to honor our reservations, and our money would be gone with PL.

Someone should compose a letter and email Priceline Customer Service and ask directly. Not that I would expect a direct answer from them.

Another possibility:

This link

http://www.priceline.com/customerservice/e...s+your+feedback

apparently goes straight to the Priceline senior vice president (or at least her staff). Someone could ask her directly what would happen in this case. The question could be framed either from the point of view of a potential investor, or of a customer.

Further proof of this is when you check out (or check in for that matter), glance at their reservation form and you will see that PL's Master Card number is listed there and has not been charged yet. After the stay, it has still not been charged .... that particular MC number is a one-time use number which I still have yet to learn how it works.

I saw this first hand at a Fairfield Inn.

Something suprising, at the Hilton Chery Hill the other day, I checked the on the TV account status and it showed my bill and room rate of $32.

Usually, Hiltons are very good at not revealing this amount and showing a zero-balance.

...it's interesting to learn that our stays are not really prepaid to the hotel...

From Priceline's 10-Q (SEC filing):

"Because we collect cash up front from our customers and then pay our suppliers over a ten to fifteen day period...."

I interpret this as Priceline does prepay the reservation, but not immediately.

Maybe it depends on how far in advance you booked your room on PL.

If you booked it just a few days before the stay, or on the same day, it would be understandable that PL would not have paid the hotel yet.

But how about if you booked the room two months in advance of the stay, for example? (Not that I've ever done that on Priceline; the non-refundability factor causes me to wait until only a few weeks, or even only days, in advance.)

I can see that Priceline would want to make use of the float as much as it possibly can to improve the bottom line.

Kathy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]