Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Grand Hyatt

StreakedBlonde
By StreakedBlonde,
in

Need help in securing downtown Seattle hotel for July 3-7. We will not be renting a car and would like something closer to Pike Place area. I have checked hotel prices for downtown on those dates and the range is $158 - $245 per night. Where should I start bidding on PL for a 4* hotel? Or should I go with something on Hotwire? Thanks :)

Good afternoon.

Please provide your desired budget per night and we would be happy to suggest an approach. HOTWIRE is going to be somewhat-to-moderately more expensive than PRICELINE, but the benefit of HOTWIRE is that one can make an educated guess as to which hotels may be showing; if you're flexible, you could try PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help in securing downtown Seattle hotel for July 3-7. We will not be renting a car and would like something closer to Pike Place area. I have checked hotel prices for downtown on those dates and the range is $158 - $245 per night. Where should I start bidding on PL for a 4* hotel? Or should I go with something on Hotwire? Thanks :)

I generally use Hotwire more than Priceline and have booked four times in Seattle in the past two years. We got the Edgewater twice (4* on the water) and I think both were just under $100/night. Once was close to Christmas and the other was in Sept. We also got the Vintage Park Inn right downtown for right around $100/night as well over Christmas. The last was when we were flying out of Seattle last summer and got a place right at the airport. Got the Roundtree for $39/night and we were really pleased. Had two adjoining rooms (which were each very big) and it had a great pool to lounge around. Obviously not downtown though.

Both are suitable for couples more than families.

Helped a friend go through Hotwire for the first time in March and they have W in Seattle for about $130/night. More modern and very central.

Good luck.

OK, I have checked out HOTWIRE and they have $115 per night for a 4-star hotel in Downtown - Pike Place

This hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

From what I could find out the Sheraton, Westin, W, Warick and Hyatt Olive 8 all fit these features. Am I on the right track?

I generally use Hotwire more than Priceline and have booked four times in Seattle in the past two years... Helped a friend go through Hotwire for the first time in March and they have W in Seattle for about $130/night. More modern and very central.
It would be appreciated if you shared your wins with the board so that the information can best help others. Thanks.
From what I could find out the Sheraton, Westin, W, Warick and Hyatt Olive 8 all fit these features. Am I on the right track?
The amenities above match previous reports for the Renaissance, Westin and Sheraton so any of these would be my best guess. HOTWIRE also shows that this property has a 4.0/5.0 user review rating at Tripadvisor, and this information matches the Sheraton and Westin (the Renaissance has a 3.5/5.0 rating) so either of these two would be more likely than the Renaissance.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) bids started at $90, then $95, $100, and $110 was accepted. I had started with 4* rating, then had to add other areas that I checked out that DID NOT HAVE 4* hotels and increase my bids each time so that I could keep bidding tonight without having to wait 24 hours. Total for 4 nights was $440 + $76.60 taxes = $516.60

I had checked out something through a hotel reservation web site for a lessor star rated hotel in the Space Needle area that would have cost me $885!!! So I am one happy tourist from Texas coming to Seattle for 4th of July! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal on this property and that you're happy with the results... it's always great when you can get a cheaper rater and improve your accommodations vs. your back-up hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... Seattle is great in the summer!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]