Priceline Hotel: 3* Halifax Westin Nova Scotian

gleemonex
By gleemonex,
in

i saw that hotwire had a 3.5* available at $86 a night, so i thought i'd juggle some dates around and give priceline another try. previous attempts at the 3* level up to $65 had been rejected, so i figured i'd start at $70 this time. my offer was accepted immediately.

Congratulations, you got your price of $70 for a 3-star hotel room.

The Westin Nova Scotian

Halifax

1181 Hollis Street

Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2P6

Check-In Date: Monday, May 2, 2005

Check-Out Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Your Offer Price: $70.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $140.00 (US dollars)

Taxes & Service Fees: $23.14 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $163.14 (US dollars)

cheapest rate for this stay on the hotel's website is $145 CAD ($117 USD)

i'm thrilled, as this was the hotel i was really hoping to get all along. it's also extremely convenient because the via rail station is right next door, and i'm taking the train from toronto to montreal to halifax. excellent! oh, and that heavenly bed that i've heard so much about... i can't wait!

now i'll just see if i can add a few nights via priceline...

i've now unsuccessfully bid up to $80 for 3* in halifax for 5/4-5/6. must be an inventory thing, since prices on the westin's website

don't seem to be out of the norm.

interestingly, a 3.5* on hotwire was (and is still) up for $95. there goes my hotwire gauge theory.

• 2 weeks later...

When Priceline didn't pan out for me in Halifax last September, the Howard Johnson in Dartmouth (Maranova Suites) was very reasonable and right next to the ferry. It ended up being spacious and convenient, and about $70 a night - though it's not a first choice. It's much less desireable if you'd like to go out in the evening - and see the other cautions on tripadvisor.com - my review is dated 9/30/04

i just had bids of $45, $63, $70, $75 and $90 rejected at the 3* level for these dates. i first bid them together, then split them up and tried that too.

the westin website shows the nova scotian has available rooms at $199 CAD a night. i'm guessing they either haven't given priceline inventory for those dates, or their asking price is $100+, which given the $40 and $52 winning bids reported recently seems odd.

i haven't had to work this hard to get a hotel room in a while now. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]