Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Itasca) Hyatt Place

cncdad
By cncdad,
in

I'm not seeing this property when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... can you re-run your HOTWIRE search again and see if you're still seeing this property? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see it now when searching for 1adult/2children... the occupancy changes the offering.

This property has not yet been reported to the board (and with only 20+ reviews by HOTWIRE users i assume it's a fairly new property added to their program). The Holiday Inn OHare at 5615 N. Cumberland Ave is the closest match amenity-wise (if this is the Holiday Inn you were referring to), BUT this Holiday Inn has a Tripadvisor user review of 4.0/5.0 whereas the HOTWIRE offering above is only at 3.0/5.0... so i don't think this is the property being offered above.

Are you familiar with this area and what are your needs for this trip? Are you using this as a less expensive "Downtown substitute" as we don't see too many people choose this area for a week long stay. While you can get from the Airport area to Downtown via mass transit, it's about an hour trip which can get to be a bit of a drag for a week long stay. As well, the property above has a 3.0 Tripadvisor review, which isn't that reassuring.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you,

I have never been to Chicago. I am just bringing my 8 and 7 year old boys up there for a vacation for a week from Ohio. I didn't realize it was that far away via mass transit. Appreciate that info. Yes, am looking for a cheaper hotel. I don't want a 4* or anything really fancy. Just need an outdoor pool, breakfast, and a refrigerator. Most of the vacation will be spent downtown so I guess I would need something closer.

Again, thank you Thereuare.

Just need an outdoor pool, breakfast, and a refrigerator.

These aren't amenities common in "downtown" city hotels... you'll have to make a trade-off between location, convenience, and price.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to help further.

Also, AaronJB might have some suggestions as he knows this area very well.

• 2 weeks later...

OK changed my dates and locations. Choose Itasca for July 10th- July 18th with 2 adults and 2 children. Hotel shows for $39. Amenities are Smoke Free, Free Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool, Business center and Hi-Speed Internet. Is this likely the Hyatt place? Its a little further outside of downtown than I would like but for that hotel at the price I can deal with it.

Thanks for all the help

Your in a great area, but you are maybe 25-30 miles from downtown. Chicago land is huge. The good news is we do this too from time to time for the same reasons you selected, but we drive quite often. You will want to learn about the METRA. That is the train that runs from the burbs to downtown. it will take you from itasca to downtown and back, but follows a schedule. Another choice is to park at at the end of the Blue line and take the El downtown. There are parking areas at Rosemont and cumberland stops as i recall. Just takes more time of course. Check it out. Enjoy.!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]