Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Rennaissance 57

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Traveling for business and just used the PRICELINE Link from BB....was looking for a 4* and went through MTE/W, CPS, TimesSq working my way up to $185. Could have added a couple more of course, but I wasn't looking to go much higher.

Any insights from the board on what might be possible for a 4* for those dates?

thx

-Seattle

I'm guessing you're looking at $225+ for a 4* for these dates.

HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Holiday Inn 57th St for $149/nite, which while not a 4* hotel, is close to what i believe to be your venue (15-20 minute walk or just over $5 taxi ride)... but not sure how much you're weighing luxury vs. cost/convenience for this trip.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

PS- see the PM i sent you... i assume you're making the trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ughh...never have I had to pay so much for a 4* in NYC as this week. I used all the bidding techniques starting two weeks ago, so I was clearly cutting it a bit tight. All to no avail. I tried every trick in the travel book I know (PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, hotels, lastminute, Orbitz, Expedia, my AmEx rep), including a possible discounted rate at the new Kimpton Eventi which had an opening rate of $339/night, but was sold out. And, it's further south than I ideally wanted to be.

Not sure what's going on, but every hotel is maxing out their rates for this week....2* - 4*. I have to be in NYC for the launch of a friends technology company, and some business meetings, so not being in NYC wasn't an option, and I wasn't willing to commute from across the river.

I used the PRICELINE links (PRICELINE) for this board, so hope that helps.

One great benefit is that at least I'm in mid-town and close to all my meetings. Still, saved $160 off the website rate, so that's a positive. Thanks NYC, I guess it's my turn to help out the local economy and to make up for that $105/night at the Grand Hyatt back in January :-).

Thereuare - hope to see you at the event.

- Seattle

Congratulations on your success.

Sorry to hear that these dates were significantly more expensive than hoped - but this does look like a nice (recently) renovated Marriott property.

The subject line noted MTE, but this property looks to fall within the CPS zone; can you confirm which zone you did bid on? Thanks. :)

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]