Any tips re. car rental in Chicago area?

stellue
By stellue,
in

Does anyone have any tips re. pick up location, bidding, codes, companies, etc. for absolute best prices on Car Rental in the Chicago area?

I need a car from May 26-30--or at least 3 consecutive days in that span of time--for travel outside of the city. I'm finding it hard to get prices below $40/day before taxes--which, when I add in parking (am at the Palmer House Hilton--but can use public parking) is adding up to a few hundred dollars. Ouch.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Kind of a reverse idea:

If you have to travel outside the city for three days and have to pay parking downtown for three days (a public lot is at least $22-25 downtown overnight), if you can cancel the Palmer reservation, you could stay outside the city instead (free parking at most suburban hotels) and then drive to the nearest Metra station to take the train downtown when you need to go downtown. Depending on where you need to go outside the city, you could also possibly take the train from downtown instead of driving.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]