Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House

IMCJL
By IMCJL,
in

Originally bid 4* at $60 thinking I might get the Hyatt based on other postings, but was rejected up to $72 adding in River North. Added 3.5* at $55 for grins and got nothing.

Logged out and immediately came back on and tried Millennium Park area again for 4* hotel at $79 and got the Palmer House. Most other travel sites have this in the $229 to $239 range for these 3 nights. Not my favorite hotel in Chicago, but also am not unhappy at all, particularly at this price during the Food Show (which I will be attending). Saved a whopping 64% or $505.00 off the prices of the other sites for the same 3 nights at this hotel which is incredible!! That savings pays for our flights from LA or dinnrs and the Cubs game on friday vs. the lowly Cardinals!! Thanks again Betterbidding for your guidance -- fantastic as always! :)

• 2 weeks later...
WOW that is FANTASTIC!!!!........and I'm sure our Cards will beat some Cubs butt! lol

I'm currently looking for Chicago in mid July - haven't been in years. I've heard good things about the Palmer House, just curious why you said it's not your fav?

l,

Hey Cheryl

Ends up, we got a fantastic room....king bed (which is not always a sure thing here). VERY nice room, amenities are great, the front desk folks upgraded us for the 4 nights as we are celebrating our anniversary late...so we got put on the Diamond Hilton Honors Floor (20 th floor) for no extra cost. I tipped the front desk guy $60 after I went to the room and came back downstairs to thank him. He was stunned at the tip and was so appreciative. The lobby is gorgeous. In the rooms, the showers are AWESOME (tons of water from a large showerhead with endless hot, hot water--felt like I came out of a great spa! Beds are so comfortable as well. Super quiet room/floor, great thermostat. We are very happy with the hotel and the deal we got as well. Even better, the Cubs have won 7 of their last 9 games, shut out the Dodgers last night in Wrigley and are going to sweep Tony and the redbirds this weekend....can you stand it???!! Have fun and good luck with your hotel stay...!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]