Hotwire Hotel: Help Identifying 3* WH/Capitol Hotel

rbhiggins
By rbhiggins,
in

I'm looking for assistance in identifying a 3-star hotel from Hotwire in the White House/Capitol Hill (Downtown) region with the following amenities:

Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center.

Has anybody seen this one before? It's coming up at $100 per night & a "Best Value" on Hotwire. I'd love to pin it down before accepting the bid.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. My family of four will be visiting DC July 1-7 this summer and hoping to get a good head start on finding a good room at a good price.

Also, does anyone know if the car rental options provided with the hotel bids are actually cheaper than doing a car rental separately from the hotel?

Are you still seeing this offer thru HOTWIRE, as i get a 3* hotel without the pool icon?

However, before you check that i might offer a better alternative....

As some claim that Hotwire tends to over-rate some properties, i think 3* is one of the riskiest ratings on Hotwire. At the very least, i would use the information from this PRICELINE WASHINGTON DC post and try a $95 bid in the Convention Center/Capitol Hill zone (as this zone is slightly different than the equivalent Priceline zone, double check to make sure this area is acceptable to you).

If that is rejected, you can then decide if you are willing to SPLIT YOUR BID.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we can go into more detail and help on whatever you decide to do (but if you decide to try that Priceline bid mentioned above, i wouldn't wait too long, since that other bid was just accepted).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's the Hotwire screen (screeen info only as HTML graphics wouldn't paste in this reply box) that I get on the motel in question ( I just got this 3 minutes ago for 2 adults & 2 kids)

The White House - Capitol Hill (Downtown) - See map

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

$100 per room per night

With regard to the Priceline pursuit, I had originally wanted to do so, but shyed away from it when I realized that a winning Priceline bid would not guarantee a room with 2 beds, but instead only guarantee double occupancy (2 people!) Are my concerns about 4 people getting into a 2-bed hotel room unwarranted on Priceline? I definitely know the savings would be significant on Priceline. The region or section of the city (Either White House/Capitol Hill or Convention Center) doesn't matter. I'm looking at a 3, 4, or 2.5 star place to stay.

Thanks.

I see it now... didn't know you were searching for more than double-occupancy.

This hotel has not yet been identified, but if i were to take a guess i speculate the Four Points. The Renaissance and Radisson also fit the description, but i would think they'd both be rated higher (i also didn't check any Holiday Inn properties that might be in the area, so if there are some, they could be possibilities as well).

Another option, since this is such an extended stay, is to see if this hotel appears for one or two nites, and then again for the balance of the stay. You could then purchase the first one (or two) nites in order to find out the hotel's identity. If you're happy with it, then book the other nites; if not, book elsewhere for the balance of your stay.

If you take the offering above please let us know the hotel's id and use THIS LINK to begin your purchase. If you split the stay as mentioned above, please use this link before each of the purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]