Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Century City-Westwood) InterContinental

Agoust
By Agoust,
in

Hyatt Regency, your conference host hotel, now shows Sold Out for 8/1-8/6.

What is the cancellation deadline for the $189 conference rate? Sometimes if there are cancellations the hotel will give Priceline inventory shortly after the cancellation deadline.

Thanks for your help! For $149 on Hotwire I see a four-star in Century/Westwood , with just four icons: fitness, swim, restaurant and high-speed. 90% customer rating. I don't see this one listed in BetterBidding's Hotwire list. I entered Hotwire using the Board's link. If this was the Intercontinental--just a half-mile from the conference hotel--I'll grab it.

I can back-out of my reservation up to three days in advance.

Today I bid on a four-star using the Board's PRICELINE link. All bids were denied.

Beverly Hills: $110

add Culver City: $115

add Lawndale: $120

add Redondo: $125.

Many thanks!

I'm seeing $145 now (the price you see might be a few dollars more or less), and my best guess is that these are new icons for the Intercontinental.

The hotel has 500+ reviews (so it's not a hotel that's new to HOTWIRE) and 90% positive Hotwire reviews.

If you seach on three adults instead of two a different 4* appears in Century City-Westwood, for $155:

Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Highspeed, Business, Golf, Tennis.

This hotel also has 500+ reviews and 90% positive, so it's probably the same hotel as the first, but using alternate icons. The second icon set is what we recognize as Intercontinental, so the first hotel is probably IC too.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Today's bids on a five-star and four-star hotel were denied. I made all bids using the board's PRICELINE link.

Five-Star, BH/WH - $125

Four-Star, BH/WH - $110

add Culver - $115

add Lawndale - $120

add Redondo - $125

I still see that four-star property on Hotwire for $149, probably the Intercontinental. I can't decide if the hotel's a significantly nicer one than the Hyatt Regency and worth dealing with the schlepping back-and-forth, albeit a short walk, for $40 or so cheaper.

Anyone have a strong opinion, Intercontinental vs. Hyatt Regency?

Many thanks!

I still see that four-star property on Hotwire for $149, probably the Intercontinental. I can't decide if the hotel's a significantly nicer one than the Hyatt Regency and worth dealing with the schlepping back-and-forth, albeit a short walk, for $40 or so cheaper.

Many thanks!

Do you need parking and internet access, what does each hotel charge?

I just attended two conferences this month and decided to go with the conference hotel instead of trying Priceline for a cheaper room. It was really nice to have the option of taking breaks in my room in the same hotel as the conference and not having to drive/walk to another hotel when I was very tired at the end of the day.

I haven't stayed at those hotels but I'll say Century City isn't a very pedestrian friendly area, in general. Even if it's just a half mile from IC to your convention at Hyatt I don't think that will be an especially enjoyable walk every day and back. Maybe worth it if $79 vs $189 but for $149 vs $189...eh?

If you won a 3* for $75 (still possible) you'd still have a decent hotel and could afford cabs back and forth...even if you win other end of zone.

If you win a 5* or 4* for $130 you could still take cabs and slightly beat the convention rate.

Something else you can try....Hyatt has known HOTWIRE icons. You can see them in the Hotwire Hotel List. Even though IC is what Hotwire's offering for all five nights, Hyatt might show for some smaller subset of nights....the first three nights, for instance, or the last two. You can try different smaller sets of dates and maybe find a better rate at Hyatt for some of your nights if not all.

As VB23 notes, without a car nothing will be as convenient as staying at the host hotel. Maybe you want to get away. In that case $149 at IC with cabs both ways would be about the same as your $189 Hyatt.

Thanks for your help!

VB23: I don't need parking; wifi would be nice, but isn't essential.

Colfax: I usually LIKE staying outside of a conference hotel and interacting with the city, but as you indicate Century City doesn't sound too inviting.

I have an afternoon or two to myself and have come to like the idea of a pool. Hence, a four-star sounds inviting. However, for $149 vs. $189 I don't think the difference is really worth it. I think I'm going to continue to try to low-ball a four-star bid in Century City--using the Board's PRICELINE link, topping at $125 or so. If it hits, great. Otherwise, I'll very contentedly tuck-into the Hyatt Regency for $189.

Tell me: Should I continue to post my weekly or so Priceline activity to the board? My denials above look pretty exemplary.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the board's HOTWIRE link I purchased the Intercontinental Los Angeles. As a hotel guest at the Intercontinental I understand there's no fee to use the workout facilities which tipped me.

$139/night for five nights, 8/1 - 8/6. With taxes and fees of $123.14 that came to $818.14. (The hotel's website currently shows $229/night.) $139 was the cheapest I'd seen in some weeks.

The icons I saw matched those on BetterBidding's Hotwire list: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet, Golf, Tennis.

I initially used PRICELINE and bid up to $125 on this property with rebid zones. Didn't hit, then switched to HOTWIRE.

Thanks to the Board and Colfax in particular. Would a moderator please move this thread.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]