Hotwire Hotel: Family of 4 needs least expensive lodging for short stay

slbooks
By slbooks,
in

My family (hus, wife, 2 kids 8 & 11) is taking the train from Balt. to Montreal this summer. If we go straight from Baltimore, we'd have to leave at 2:15 AM, so we're staying in NY overnight for a more civilized 8:30 AM departure from Penn Station. My question is, how best to get in some sightseeing, not bust the bank, and stay close enough that we can reasonably get to the train station on time? We're traveling with another family of 4 who'll be facing the same quandary. Thanks for any insights!

As for 7/30, the cheapest listing in Midtown when searching for 4 people is $199 (a 3*); when searching for 2/2 on Expedia, the 3* Hampton Chelsea is $159 on Expedia (oddly, the cityview room is the same price as a reg. room.)

When searching for 8/7 on HOTWIRE for 2/2, there's a 3* in Chelsea for $195 and a 3* in ESB for $219. The Eastgate Tower (a suite near ESB) is $170 on Expedia on sale and the 3.5* Vincci Avalon for $195, as well as the 3* Holiday Inn 6th Ave for $196.

The most basic option available is the Travel Inn, which is a 2* for $140 on Expedia (available for both dates.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

For each of the two stays, I'm interested in getting the most bang for the buck, of course, but will pay the prevailing rate for a room for 4; that is, I'd rather pay closer to 150 than to 200 (before tax) but will do what's necessary. I have a backup reserved at the Radisson Martinique on Broadway for 164.

Glad you found something which works well for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. Also, please note we're an affiliate of hotel.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online agencies... please check for and use the links in our support page for your future non-opaque purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]