Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Marriott Aneheim Suites

tpuppie
By tpuppie,
in

We will be in CA at the end of June and plan to tack a couple days of Disneyland onto our trip. I'd like to use HOTWIRE for a hotel room June 27-30 but it doesn't let me enter more than 4 people when I search. We are two adults and four kids. Are we out of luck for using HOTWIRE? We really can't afford two rooms per night for 3 nights. Kids ages are 4,6,8,10.

Anyone have experience with this? TIA.

In the past we used Hotwire only once for a suite in Chicago...and we knew we'd fit because we knew at time of booking it was a suite. Come to think of it, we must have put "4 adults" in the search when we did it. I guess I just get paranoid that if we book something as 4 adults and show up as a family of six, we will get in trouble or something. One kid is young enough to be in a portacrib and the other can sleep happily on the floor in a sleeping bag, so as long as there were 2 queen beds we'd be fine. I just don't see many (1 condo?) suite icons on the Hotwire listings offered.

I'm thinking 3 stars? Maybe 2.5? Less than $100 per night. We're going to drop so much dough with all 6 of us going to Disney, we're trying to save where we can.

tpuppie

I guess I just get paranoid that if we book something as 4 adults and show up as a family of six, we will get in trouble or something.

You don't have bring all the kids to the lobby at the same time. Try to use an alternate entrance when going to the room, go 3 and 3 etc.

Do you see anything within your budgett on HOTWIRE for your dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Maybe two rooms on Priceline would be a better bet, and not much more expensive than 1 room for 4 on Hotwire. Although Priceline rooms are only guaranteed to accommodate 2 people, in the Disneyland area I would be willing to take this risk. Six people in one room is really pushing it, and not fair to the hotel, in my opinion.

I agree that six in one room may be pushing it a bit, and that you can likely get two rooms via PRICELINE either within or close to your $100 budget. Not only does this provide more space, but an extra bathroom for everyone to get ready for the day too.

Ultimately it's your stay and you have to act within your own comfort zone. Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'd like two rooms for 6/27-6/30 for Disney for our family of 6. 3.5* would be nice, as close to $100 for both rooms as we could get would be nice.

I see many people are getting $41-$55. I figured I'd start with $40 and go from there.

It's been awhile since I've done this so I just want to double check: a free rebid would be, in my case, adding a zone that does not have any 3.5* hotels in it, correct? So when I select a zone from the list, if 3.5 isn't highlighted that means I can use that as a rebid zone?

Thanks!

It's been awhile since I've done this so I just want to double check: a free rebid would be, in my case, adding a zone that does not have any 3.5* hotels in it, correct? So when I select a zone from the list, if 3.5 isn't highlighted that means I can use that as a rebid zone?

Close, but missing one important point... it's not enough that the zone doesn't contain 3.5* hotels, but that it contains nothing 3.5* or higher. Since the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE can upgrade you to a higher rated hotel, a zone that does not have 3.5* rated hotels but does have 4* or Resort rated hotels, would not be a re-bid zone.

In the Orange County area you currently have FOUR re-bid zones.. see if you can determine them and/or confirm them with the board if you would like. Also, if you let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got it. I think I did understand that but didn't phrase it well. We want to be close--in Anaheim or Orange/Garden Grove because we are only there to do 2 Disney days and fly out. So I see four rebid zones as Anaheim Hills, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills and Seal Beach. Correct?

Would love any strategy tips.....

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct... don't forget to check them again just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed.

If you're willing to accept the Disneyland-Anaheim and Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove zones, i would bid as follows using your FOUR re-bid zones.

Select 3.5* (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove)...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* (Disneyland-Anaheim)...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove) and (Disneyland-Anaheim)...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sickness has befallen my house...
It's usually the kids bringing it home from school or the playground :)

wishing everyone a speedy recovery... let us know once you're ready to bid again, and please remember to start your bids with the PRICELINE links on the board.

Thanks and good luck.

Ok, slooooowly recovering from bout of sickness in my house and ready to get back to travel plans. In the interim, we discussed with sister-in-law staying together at the hotel when we are at Disney. I offered to book for both of us and she can pay me their portion so we are assured the same hotel. However, they are staying 2 nights, we are staying 3. I assume the only way to do this through PL is to make two PL bids: the first one for the 2 nights for both families, and the second one for the third night when it is just us. And by doing so we could easily end up having to move hotels for our last night. Is my understanding correct? (We wouldn't mind moving....it's worth it to get to be together for the 2 nights we are all there.)

Thanks!

tpuppie

Good to see that things are better :)

I assume the only way to do this through PL is to make two PL bids: the first one for the 2 nights for both families, and the second one for the third night when it is just us.
Yes, this is the correct way to do it if you want to be sure to get the same hotel the first 2 nights. And yes, you can get a diffrent hotel the last night.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the same deal for each purchase and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]