Priceline Hotel: hotel in wrong part of town

micheles
By micheles,
in

following a bid strategy for a successful win for the hyatt in charlestown boston i made a bid for a four star in charlestown for $60 which was rejected, followed this with an increased bid of $64 in south boston again rejected and then for $68 in medford - this was accepted but the hotel is the hyatt at logan airport which is in a different part of boston

do i really want to spend 6 nights in the airport hotel?

does this happen often or have they made a mistake? i've checked my bids again and did not request this area with this booking. HELP!

I understand your frustration, but the Hyatt Harborside is a lovely hotel overlooking Boston Harbor.... no street parking, but with the metro service nearby by shuttle and the water taxi RIGHT THERE, access to aquarium, fanuel hall, etc.,Boston proper and (by the T)Cambridge/Harvard Square is easy. Overall, a newer and nicer facility than the Cambridge Hyatt with much better access overall. You won't feel like you're overcome by planes... you'll likely never notice the airport especially this time of year!

thanks for your encouragement - you're right

boston for less than $68 is a good deal - the hyatt com price is $225 - we'll give it a good go - the water taxis sound like my son will enjoy them anyway

we did stay at the hyatt regency (when it was the swissotel) and it was quite tired - but the location was so good for shopping at macy's and filenes -

still - am now looking forward to the trip - five weeks tomorrow :)

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the Hyatt Harborside on a Priceline bid. The staff were very friendly and allowed us to check in early. The room was very nice and well kept with enough space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The public spaces and the pool are a bit smallish, but the view across the harbor to Boston from the lobby lounge is stunning. The shuttle dropped us off and picked us up from the T station making it easy to get back and forth. Depending on your plans you may want to purchase a visitors pass for the T, 1 day $7, 3 days $18, 7 days $35. They are good on all MBTA trains, buses, trolleys and inner harbour ferries. You can purchase them online or at stations listed on the website. You may want to confirm that they are good for the ferry that stops at the hotel as I think it is a $10 fare one way to Boston. We were there during a snowstorm and did not see the ferry at all. Hope this helps.

Spartops, welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post your winning bid information to the board as a NEW TOPIC... i will also then move your above comments to the HOTEL REVIEW section of the board where i think they will be seen by, and benefit, the greatest number of people.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]