Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) InterContinental

McClure77
By McClure77,
in

It looks like I'm going to be needing a hotel room in Boston, on Memorial weekend. I notice that there is a 4* win that weekend for a great $86, but when I read reviews, people stress that rooms are small and that it seems most, if not all priceline people receive a double bed. This room will need to accomodate 2 adults and a 3 year old, so a double bed will not really fit that bill. I have bid all the way up to $125 before I ran out of free rebids, but I did NOT include the quincy/financial area because I am afraid to win that hotel, if it really won't fit our needs. If I go much higher, I will likley just switch to Hotwire and get the Intercontinental, because they are awesome, but it's currently listing at 163 and I'd rather stay closer to 100. Right now I've been concentrating on the waterfront areas, since I saw a couple of people had some luck there on the friday night.

Anyway, just posting on the offchance anyone has any great ideas of how to finagle this, without ending up with a tiny double bed.

There is no guarantee in general with PRICELINE and double beds - it's a roll of the dice - while some people have gotten lucky with requesting two beds, it really depends on the day, traffic, hotel (whether a newer or older property, there have been many reports of users being denied when asking for two beds) and who you talk to. Some hotels may - especially in major cities - charge an upgrade fee for two beds. Unfortunately, the best option in this case would be HOTWIRE - you could enter 2 adults/1 children at HOTWIRE and go for a lower-rated property that may be closer to your target budget.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have bid all the way up to $125 before I ran out of free rebids, but I did NOT include the quincy/financial area because I am afraid to win that hotel...

Which zone(s) did you include in your bidding? Which hotel is it that you're trying to avoid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Yes, it might. I had considered that area, though I wasn't sure about some of the reviews combined with whether or not it would be in the area we most wanted to be in. I might give it a try, just to see. Also, I noticed that the Omni House reservation was made way back in February....so perhaps I'm not likely to get that hotel now anyway.... Perhaps that zone would be safe to bid after all.

Ah the thrill of the gamble! Thanks for your help!

What about HOTWIRE... you'll likely be able to avoid the Omni based upon the star rating/amenities showing, and just a bit more than you've already bid.

What i believe to be the Inter-Continental or Langham for $168, the Hilton Financial for $153, Club Quarters for $139... any of this of interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, as I mentioned in my original post, I am really tempted to just HOTWIRE the Intercontinental (or Langham as the case might be) and be done with it. (I have ALWAYS had a good experience at Intercontinentals, so that's a strong pull.) But, my budget conscious side has kept me from going that route yet, in the event that I can get something slightly cheaper on PRICELINE. So far, that seems like it's not going to be the case for this trip, though. I also like that if I go the HOTWIRE route, I can make sure the property has a pool. While not imperitive, pools are a nice option when travelling with a child! I'll continue to weigh my options I guess and see how things develop. The HOTWIRE price is already 5 dollars more now than it was the other day, so I probably don't want to stall for too much longer!

Thanks again for your assistance!

The $5 change in price is probably typical HOTWIRE fluctuation and not a change in demand for these nites. The bigger concern with waiting isn't the next $5 move, but the risk that the offer disappears entirely (although at the moment there are a few other alternatives)

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help in the decision making.

Ok, so I went ahead and booked via Hotwire, and it was indeed the Intercontinental. Interestingly, I was about to purchase this for 164, when I noticed I had left it as 2 adults only. It usually doesn't usually matter with such a small child, but I went back and decided to input 2 adults and one child to make sure it wasn't going to drastically change the prices I got. Lo and behold it was now 159! Thought that was kind of funny!

Oh and not sure where to best put this, but this is a pretty cool site I found that might help other travellers with their parking while in Boston:

http://boston.bestparking.com/index.php#1

McClure77

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. You can post the site about parking here

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]