I would like to bid on Priceline for a London hotel,

with the intended result being awarded a reservation

at the Novotel London St Pancras.

I have an early morning train leaving from St. Pancras,

so this would be most convenient.

Is there any way I can bid and be almost assured I will

get this specific hotel?

I see many people on this board have gotten this hotel

in the $58 - $62 range. I will be bidding for early June.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You cannot bid on any specific hotel. You will be awarded a hotel in the zone( look at the Priceline maps) and at the star level you choose . Study the FAQs here and various websites ( support links here) to find out the official hotel room prices for your specific dates.. Then study the wins on this board so you do not overbid. Room rates are date sensitive. Do not expect to get the same price in high season as low season.

Always begin your bids through the links here to help maintain the site.

Remember these purchases are non-refundable. Re-check the data on your bid before proceeding for any error in the date, zone, star level or price.

Good luck and post any questions. The moderators will give you a strategy if you need help.

Thanks Valencia for the advice.

I understand you cannot bid for a specific hotel.

I am looking for advice that will give me the best chance

of getting a reservation at a specific hotel (Novotel St Pancras).

I'm hoping that if I choose the zone that the hotel is in, the class of hotel,

and the price people have recently been getting for it, then more than likely

I will get this specific hotel.

Does that sound correct?

Welcome to Betterbidding and thank you for the compliments. :)

One has to be willing to accept any hotel that the service may provide if a bid is accepted (if one bids for a 4* in a particular zone, then one has to be willing to accept any of the participating 4*'s in a particular zone, for example.)

Trying to match what others bid who got a particular hotel definitely does not guarantee that hotel - you could very possibly get something else (and in the case of the Novotel, there are a number of other possible 4*'s in that particular zone.) Trying to decide how to approach bidding is done by a case-by-case basis and rates can vary significantly from day-to-day, as well.

Are you only interested in the Novotel?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would figure out the cost of a cab from a 4* hotel anywhere in the Bloomsbury-Kings Cross zone (I think that would be 10 pounds at most). Look at the cost of booking the Novotel St Pancras directly. No one can even give you a percentage probability for getting the hotel you want, because we can never know what is going on in the hotel revenue managers' heads.

I think you will find that the cost of booking a 4* hotel in this zone on PRICELINE plus the cost of a cab will be considerably less than booking the Novotel St Pancras directly.

There are a few other hotels around St Pancras station like Premier Inn Kings Cross St Pancras that you might also want to consider booking directly when you are doing your analysis.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]