Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Omni

hlm3
By hlm3,
in

Just requesting some friendly help for an upcoming trip to SF, from 9/9/10 until 9/12/10, three nights.

Need two rooms in a 4* in either the USE, USW or Financial District/Embarcadero areas.

I have bid up to $110 so far with no luck. This is considerably higher than most previous winning bids.

Is there some big "to do" happening that weekend in San Fran? Should I wait until the dates get closer. I'm probably going to have to make a standard reservation somewhere as a backup (one that I can cancel if I get a PL deal later).

Thanks much for any assistance.

I am using this board's PRICELINE link to begin my searches.

I haven't done rate research but you may be bidding too early for September rather than too low, hlm3.

What are a sample of 4* hotels charging for your dates?

What does Hotwire have for 4*?

Seeing those rates someone can offer an opinion of what it might take to win this on Priceline now.

There is a 16K person Dentistry Convention from 9.10.10-9.12.10 which may be effecting rates.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases... also try the links in our support page for your hotel direct/back-up reservations.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the assistance.

I'm going to keep trying, because I'd like to get it firmed up so I can get a rental car for a day (and I'd like to know where I'm staying so I can pick the closest rental car office).

I tried one more bid of $110 for a 3.5* in all of the downtown zones and still went away empty handed.

When I went to SF last year, I bid way earlier than this and got a great deal on teh St. Francis for $80. Perhaps the Dentists convention is playing a role. I had seen that on the convention checker.

Yeah, I might be bidding too early. Maybe I'll just have to wait a couple months.

Thanks all. I'll report back when I figure things out.

Used the PRICELINE link and used some Priceline Hotel Rewards that I had earned to up my bid one more time to $120 and was successful:

Omni San Francisco Hotel

Financial District - Embarcadero

500 California Street

San Francisco, California 94104

Check-In Date:

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Sep 12, 2010 / 12:00 PM

Bonus Cash Per Room, Per Night: $10.00

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $110.00

Total Offer Price Per Room, Per Night with Bonus: $120.00

Total Charges to your Credit Card

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $110.00

Subtotal: $660.00

Taxes & Fees: $127.56

Total Charges*: $787.56

I am very satisfied with this result, as the Omni is #3 on the TripAdvisor list of more than 200 hotels in SF! I had to bid fairly high to get this, but I think the Dentists convention is tying up a lot of the lower priced rooms.

Moderators, please update my thread title...I don't know how to change it on my own.

And thanks for all the assistance everyone.

Congratulations on your success. Historically on BetterBidding, September can be a very difficult month to bid, especially this far in advance. Fall is high season in San Francisco, so not only did you get a great deal, but also snagged a terrific hotel. Enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]