Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown East) Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville

Luckytimer
By Luckytimer,
in

Just wondering what hotel you think this is. It's pretty pricey for Hotwire.

August 28- 29, 2010, I night only

2 adults/2 children

Price is $216.00

Amenities

Smoke free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Centre

Hi Speed Internet

Spa

I'm thinking Habour Castle, but it must be the "presidential suite" to be $216 on Hotwire!

Thanks in advance,

No, I am not willing to pay this rate. That's why I'm asking. I have been watching this date and have never seen this price for this zone. I had a couple of hotels picked out in the EAST and WEST zone and then all of a sudden, there isn't the hotel showing up anymore.

I wanted to confirm my ideas of what this hotel might be.

Thanks,

I had a couple of hotels picked out in the EAST and WEST zone and then all of a sudden, there isn't the hotel showing up anymore.
Which is why we ask that you only ask for hotel IDs once you're ready to commit to a purchase and for hotels you're considering (ie- are within your budget).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't really understand the rather hostile response. I am committed to buy. In fact, I have been watching the prices and waiting to see the price/hotel in order to purchase.

I am hoping for the Westin Harbour Castle as one of my choices. When this price showed up, I was asking your help in identifying this (hoping it wasn't the WHC). If it is the WHC then I know that hotel is definitely out of the running for me unless I wait to book closer to our departure for Toronto (City and Colour Concert). In fact, I checked yesterday (using the bbb link, of course) and the price is now $229.

Thanks again.

thereuare's response wasn't hostile. He simply (and politely) asked you not to request ID's of hotels that you have no intention of booking. It's a waste of everyone's time, including yours.

Suppose that the above hotel is the Westin Harbour Castle (and I think it is too). Now what? All you can do is wait for something to show up that's in a suitable location and price range, and then figure out what that hotel is. Which is exactly what you would do if you didn't know the identity of this hotel. And there's no point in having us spend time identifying a hotel when it's not going to affect your subsequent actions.

So please wait until you find a hotel that you might be interested in booking, then ask us for an ID of that property.

I really am not the least bit interested in picking an argument here but, to be fair, the only waste of time here is the 125+ words that tilepusher just typed when 5 would have sufficed and I quote his words, "I think it is too". That would have have been enough for me.

I sure hope I don't have this hassle again when I'd like to ask a simple question.

More time/energy was wasted on your responses than if you had just answered my honest question.

Consider this thread closed. Thanks.

I really am not the least bit interested in picking an argument here but, to be fair, the only waste of time here is the 125+ words that tilepusher just typed when 5 would have sufficed and I quote his words, "I think it is too". That would have have been enough for me.
On that point, I have to agree with you. Clearly, the time I spent here trying to explain BB's policies regarding HOTWIRE hotel identifications was wasted.
I sure hope I don't have this hassle again when I'd like to ask a simple question.

More time/energy was wasted on your responses than if you had just answered my honest question.

Consider this thread closed. Thanks.

When you've asked for assistance, it is considered good etiquette to conclude your topics by letting us know what you ultimately decide to do, even if you book through other channels or cancel the trip. Also, if you have any further questions regarding this trip, please send a reply to this topic, rather than start a new one.
  • 1 year later...
On that point, I have to agree with you. Clearly, the time I spent here trying to explain BB's policies regarding HOTWIRE hotel identifications was wasted.

When you've asked for assistance, it is considered good etiquette to conclude your topics by letting us know what you ultimately decide to do, even if you book through other channels or cancel the trip. Also, if you have any further questions regarding this trip, please send a reply to this topic, rather than start a new one.

I thought I had closed this topic but, apparently not. Since I did not get a straight answer to my original post, I ended up booking the Marriott Bloor Yorkville on Hotwire - still using your link, of course. We got a great deal. This is a great hotel if you can get it for a great price. An amazing weekend in all, City and Colour topped it off. Gotta love Hotwire.

Hotwire and Priceline are especially great when you can get help in identifying hotels you are uncertain about.

D in Muskoka

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]