Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SOMA-Moscone Center) InterContinental

tom9286
By tom9286,
in

Intercontinental - 229$ Via their web site for Thursday. Hotels.com Avg nightly rate for the 3 days of ~269

I have been trying for the past 4 days and was never able to get the 75-85$ Grand hyatt. I actually had a USE/USW/Financial distric 120$ rejected. I added Soma, 130$ and was accepted. I am guessing it is because I included Friday/Sat night as opposed to most the other grand Hyatt bids. Although, arn't weekends supposed to be less booked and cheaper??

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. There could several reasons why a weekend is expensive. And rates are date specific so you can't always compare them.

Welcome to Better Bidding and thanks for posting your winning bid. Can you confirm you won the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins in the USW zone? The reason I ask is because you included SOMA in your last bid and there's an Intercontinental hotel in that zone as well as in USW. Enjoy your stay!

arn't weekends supposed to be less booked and cheaper??

Generally, yes, but maybe not if there's an event over the weekend and there's a big convention starting 5/15.

It's likely you could have won your first two nights at a lower rate, and that 5/15 was the problem.

If you see this please let us know which Intercontinental you won.

....... there's a big convention starting 5/15. It's likely you could have won your first two nights at a lower rate, and that 5/15 was the problem.

Where to find the Big Convention Info before hand to work out some lower cost bidding strategy?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]