Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* San Diego Gaslamp Hotel, 05/19 - 05/22/10

momtime
By momtime,
in

I need help ID'ing a 4* hotel in San Diego Gaslamp Quarter for May 19-22 for $89

Amenities are:

Fitness Center

Swimming pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High-speed Internet

Recommended in 95% of customer reviewers (400+ total reviews) and a TripAdvisor rating of 4.5

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

These amenities are common for this area, but the 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating suggests that the Omni is the most likely possibility, and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing any HOTWIRE listings w/pool when searching for 2/2, but Hotels.com does have the Hilton Gaslamp Quarter for $100 non-refundable for these dates, and coupon code 41010 does take an extra 10% off that price. The pool is outdoor though, and you may want to check availability (I would think it would be open in May, but you may want to call to confirm.) The coupon code should work on other hotels, as well.

Please use the site's Hotels.com link if you do go this route.

I realized that I did my search for 2 adults only - when I add in my 2 kids, this hotel is no longer available.

If you search HOTWIRE on "3 adults/0 children" instead of "2 adults/2 children" the original hotel with Pool icon still appears, for $102.

Sometimes searching 3/0 brings up different listings than 2/2, although both searches guarantee two beds.

Several Gaslamp hotels have been reported with those five icons but the 4.5 TripAdvisor rating makes this one a likely match for the Omni.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase and let us know what you get.

Momtime, please let us know if you're still following this thread... If so, I can post more info since I am an expert on

San Diego. :)

If two double beds would suffice (you didn't mention ages & gender of children), I HIGHLY recommend trying for the OMNI. The OMNI is an extraordinarily superb hotel, with a MAGNIFICENT pool--the best in the Gaslamp. The outdoor pool is on the 5th or 6th floor and has a wonderful view of the trolley, convention center, the bay, etc. It has big sails on it, and elegant deck furniture. The same level has a very nice gym, bathrooms, and even a part of their baseball historic collection on the walls (also found on two other adjoining floors). The restaurant downstairs, McCormick & Schmicks, is excellent and has wonderful breakfast buffets. If you join Omni's frequent stay program (lots of extra bene's, too) you can specify in quite a bit of detail exactly what type of room you'd like. They pride themselves on their service and can nearly always accomodate you if you check in in the early afternoon....If it were me, I'd ask for a corner King with a view (to the southwest) IF I had fairly young children who could sleep on inflatable mattresses. The rooms are quite spacious and have extraordinary views. One younger child could even sleep with you on the King....

You didn't mention if you have a car or not. Parking is quite expensive downtown, and if you do have a car you might want to take that into account. You can park in the convention center lot for $10/day usually, and save a lot of money. Most hotels in San Diego outside of downtown and Mission Valley do not charge for parking....

Unless there is a big convention in town (check the schedule), a 4 * request downtown through Priceline would get you a great rate, and they would accomodate your request for two beds probably 98% of the time.

My kids are 10 and 8, so two beds are necessary. Although the Omni sounds amazing, I'm worried if I bid as 3 adults that we'll end up with one bed and a fold-out or cot.

We will have a car, and I'm aware of the high parking rates at hotels in the Gaslamp, but if I can get a 4* room for around $100, it's worth paying for the parking.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions! If we end up booking through Hotwire (through the link on this board of course!), I'll let you know...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]