Priceline Hotel: Strategy/Advice NYC 5/12-15 4*

AlwaysBooking
By AlwaysBooking,
in

Hi - I know it's an insanely busy and expensive time in NYC. Any suggestions for a reasonable stategy? I'm happy anywhere below 72nd Street down to the Battery with 4* - or even a good 3.5*. I had one unsuccessful attempt earlier this week using all my rebids going up to $160 with no luck. Would I be better off trying to split? Any ideas? Thanks! P.S. We always us the betterbidding.com links :)

I think even a 3* may be though at $180... but let us know if you want to first try for a 3.5* up to your limit or a 3* and we'll take it from there.

Not sure of your plans while in the city, but if you're willing to stay outside of the city and commute in, HOTWIRE has the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel (Weehawken, NJ) for $146/nite... there's nothing exciting in the immediate area (houlihans, ruth's chris, and an office building with a small food court/shops last time i checked) but they do have a bus right in front of the hotel which will have you into the Port Authority in about 10 minutes (without traffic)... or you could also try bidding on PRICELINE for the Jersey City/Hoboken area. (not saying these should be your first choice over manhattan, but just getting some ideas flowing given the high NYC prices)

Let us know regarding which star level you want to try for and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming that CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, ESB, HK, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS are all acceptable. If so...

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* ESB, HK, MSG...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE, HK, MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB, MTW, TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB, MTW, MSG...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE, HK, TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB, HK, TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE, MTW, MSG...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB, HK, MSG, MTE...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB, HK, MSG, MTW...

Select 3* ESB, HK, MSG, TS...

Select 3* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB...

Select 3* MTE, MTW, TS, HK...

Select 3* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, ESB and HK...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

3 questions and advance apologies since I've never used priceline before:

1. Why does one have only ONE re-bid zone for 3* and more (I think it is 3) for a 3.5* in NYC - the 3.5* strategy was explained y'day.

I have looked at the link (Priceline Rebidding explained) and this still escapes me. Is it just because the of way the hotels are ranked in NYC ?

2. When you say "Select 3* ESB, HK, MSG..." do you mean select all three ESB, HK, and MSG ? Similar terminology was used y'day for 3.5* and am confused whether I should select all the zones or go one by one.

3. Could you please offer bidding advice for May 14, 1 night, for a budget of $150- $200 with the zones being

CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, and TS.

Thanks

Thanks - I'll give it a shot and see what happens and will report back. BTW - do you know what hotels are included in HK? It seems to be a new zone since the last time I tried a NYC bid and the only one I know of over there is The Ink - the new Kimpton property which I'm guessing is 4*.

They must be giving away something in NY those days - but not hotel rooms! :) Thanks for your excellent strategy, which unfortunatley while followed to a T, resulted in no success. I think I'll book that NJ Sheraton as a back up and try again tomorrow. Always wanted to take that ferry across the Hudson anyway :)

Please use our Sheraton, HOTWIRE, or Hotels.com link for your back-up reservation at the Sheraton.

This would be fine as a cancellable back-up, but i would still try the Hoboken/Jersey City area on PRICELINE before taking the Weehawken property as it would be a little more convenient and more to do in the general vicinity of the hotel.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]