Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio Northwest Westin La Cantera $80

scoggsie
By scoggsie,
in

I doubled checked and it is now a 4*. I presume the Omni is now also a 4* so you still might end up at the Omni instead of the Westin but we were prepared to take that chance. And yes, I did up my bid each time by 5$ until I hit. My wife, daughter, brother and nephews think I'm a genius for getting this! I wonder what they would have said about the Omni? :)

• 1 month later...

While I have not stayed at the Omni but have stayed at the Westin La Cantera several times. I have no 'beef' with the NW zone Omni... it is just a very different hotel than La Cantera. The La Cantera Westin is really a resort. I used to be classified as one.. but since it was the only one in the zone...I guess it was 'too popular' and reclassified to a 4 star. Some have speculated that the Westin didn't like being the only hotel of that type in that zone...they figured out that people were figuring out that they were sure to get the westin by bidding NW Resort.

The omni is nice from what I understand but just different... would suit perhaps more a business person ... it overlooks the freeway while the Westin overlooks the fmaous hill country and a gold course. The westin has resort like pools and a golf course... the omni only has an indoor pool (I understand) So it's not that the omni is bad... but it wouldn't be where I would want to stay on a weekend getaway with the westin just a few miles away!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]