Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Four Points Airport

lindisfarne
By lindisfarne,
in

It took forever to get this one. I did not want to bid less than 4*s in the airport zone because some of the 3* (no 3.5*s are listed in the list of airport zone hotels at BetterBidding). So, I alternated between bidding at 4* only and including the airport zone (lots of free rebid areas) and 3* or higher, but not including the airport zone. I went up to $150 for both kinds of bids (starting lower & building up by adding zones) and still, no success. I decided to risk a 3* in the airport zone - starting out lower. I was one bid away from my max bid for 3*s in the airport zone (because some of the 3* airport hotels can be directly reserved for as little as $120-$125 esp. if you prepay) and I got this one. It worked out well in the end.

PRICELINE definitely was not interested in accepting bids below $150/night for 3* or higher downtown - maybe only one of the nights is really bad in terms of availability and if I didn't need both, it might have been easier. Perhaps closer to the actual stay date would make it easier - hotels might give up rooms that haven't sold by then.

I actually needed 4 nights, but; I had split the reservation in 2 because I was not succeeding at getting all 4 nights initially (5/25 - 5/29). I thought the Memorial Day weekend might be the problem, but it turns out, I had much more difficulty getting the 5/25 - 5/27 reservation. Some of the higher star downtown Boston hotels have no availability so something is going on - it might be commencement spillover from the preceding weekend, or some big convention. I've pretty much been bidding daily for over 2 weeks!

TripReview has some pretty awful reviews of this hotel. Maybe not such a good deal. :)

I'll file a review once I return.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amount of your winning bid so we can add this information to the topic title.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]