Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Renaissance Waterfront

lindisfarne
By lindisfarne,
in

I'm looking for a 3* or higher for Boston May 25 (Tues) - May 29 (Saturday) bidding advice: split into 2? (Memorial Day weekend) - preferably Copley Square, but Quincy Market, Waterfront, or Harbor Front would be ok too.

Since this is the Memorial Day weekend, what is the likelihood of me getting a reasonably low price on this reservation? Would I be better off splitting the date (5/25 - 5/28? plus 5/29, or 5/25 - 5/26 plus 5/28 - 5/29)? (I know this could result in changing hotels, but that would be ok).

I started bidding today, lowballing it at $70, first adding the "free" areas (without 3* or higher) and increasing to $75 & $80. Then I tried changing the dates to 5/25 - 5/28, dropping back to $70, then adding each of the 3 other neighborhoods I'd be ok with ($70 each).

Am I more likely to get an overall better price if I split into 2 reservations (with the Friday night, or Thursday/Friday night) likely being more than the Tues/Wed? I'm assuming hotels have higher occupancy on the Memorial Day weekend.

Any advice people can offer would be welcome. I'll keep trying daily, increasing my bids.

Rates are fairly high for these dates and the 'sweet spot' appears to be at the higher rated hotels and splitting either 2nites/2nites or 1nite/3nites... but the first nite or two looks like it is going to be EXPENSIVE.

What is your maximum budget per nite for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why do you think the first night or two will be very expensive? I thought it would be the last night or two that would be expensive.

I'm willing to add the airport area if I have to to get the cheaper rate. I think $100/night will be my max (averaged across the 4 nights - I'd be willing to pay more for 1-2 nights as long as the other nights were cheaper).

Thanks for the reply.

If you check rates for these dates, generally speaking, the first/second nites are more expensive than the others.

Do you prefer to try the airport for your complete stay first or do you want to try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for the 'downtown' zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Got this one fairly easily for $105/night (once I split the 4 nights I needed into 2 separate PRICELINE bids). Started out low with 3* or above (Copley Square -Theater District would have been ideal), kept adding areas (Faneul, Boston Waterfront, [Fenway & N. Cambridge were free rebids while I was bidding as they did not have 3* or higher). I also have a 5/25 - 5/27 reservation at a different hotel in the airport zone (see separate Pricleine hotel thread); I had split the reservation in 2 because I was not succeeding at getting all 4 nights. I thought the Memorial Day weekend might be the problem, but it turns out, I had much more difficulty getting the 5/25 - 5/27 reservation. Some of the higher star downtown Boston hotels have no availability so something is going on - it might be commencement spillover from the preceding weekend, or some big convention.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]