Priceline Hotel: 1* Trois Rivieres Ouest Days Inn

Gatineau man
By Gatineau man,
in

I am having a tough time finding a room with Priceline. MY dates are either may 21-23, May 22-24 or worst case May 23-25.

I have tried for a 1-star for as high as $33 (Priceline median retail price $52) (but I don't think they have a 1-star hotel) and 2-star (with rebid zones st-helene-de-bagot and trois-rivieres ouest) as high as $60 (Priceline median retail price $110 or $194 for may 23-25!).

The 2-star Comfort Inn or Quality Hotel in Sherbrooke have rooms available for the dates for about $100.

please help me with a strategy.

thanks

How high are you willing to bid for a 2* for this stay?

What are you entering in the intial search box to have Sherbrooke and trois-rivieres ouest appear on the same bidding selection page?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In some areas where there are mostly budget rated properties, or few hotels and therefore little competition, the discounts may not be as great as we're used to seeing in other, larger or more populated, areas.

Basically you have to decide how much savings you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile... for some they want 50%, for others they'll go with unknown if they can save just $5 or $10. For example, even with a $70 bid you would still be saving about 25% (or $50 for the complete stay)... is this not enough savings for the risks that come with an opaque purchase? (i'm not saying it should or shouldn't be, just asking an open ended question)

If you continue bidding i assume you're using the full range of bidding opportunities?

1) Sherbrooke

2) Sherbrooke and st-helene-de-bagot (close browser)

3) Sherbrooke and trois-rivieres ouest

4) Sherbrooke and st-helene-de-bagot and trois-rivieres ouest

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links. (or if you book direct please use our Comfort Inn or Quality Inn links)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you found something which works well for your plans and that you're happy with the deal you received.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links here for your bidding and sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]