Priceline Hotel: Toronto Downtown convenience

rykos
By rykos,
in

Speaking of downtown TO, are both north and south zones relatively convenient for a tourist with no real plans? I'm considering a TO trip and will use PRICELINE if I go through with booking plane tickets. But I don't really have anything in particular in mind for TO, just eating, window shopping, maybe a museum trip or two.

Would I be correct in assuming that either downtown area would be suitable? (I will of course use the bb PRICELINE links and post results here when/if it happens).

• 4 weeks later...

-yes....IMHO (In My Humble Opinion)

-it is all downtown, and walking in any direction is lovely

-the subway is good if you need/want to go out a bit further

-perhaps look at a few of the 'wins' ie. DT south 4* (sheraton) and google it...to see 'area attractions'

-but the ROM, AGO, high end shopping (& lower end wandering, people watching), chinatown, kensington market, etc. are all generally close from either

-ps. I live about 1.5 hours from toronto, and 'visit' about 20 x / year...mostly not staying over,

but I do have a few posts of 'wins'....included in my post from today (I believe) is a great synopsis of how to effectively bid Toronto downtown

-but I do have a wedding in the east end, and another conference downtown coming up in the next few weeks

...so watch for my posts of wins....as I love to beat the 'machine' and share the results with others (to do the same!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]