123 Queen Street Toronto

416-361-1000

***so many options in Toronto Downtown @ 4* for re-bids

my needs/requirements

-Downtown...my event was in the 'South' area

-just one adult

-so this was the constant....kept adding other non-4*

-therefore, start low & add slowly...creeping up the $$

Bid/Re-bid Order (max * rating in zone...FYI)

1-Downtown South (4*) @ $52

2 + Brampton (3*) @ 55

3 + Burlington (3*) @59

4 +Don Valley 3*) @ 62

5 + Oakville (3*) @65

6 + Toronto West (3*) @ 71

7 + Toronto East (2*) @ 76

Accepted @ $76 ($93.96 w/ tax & fees)

-still had a few re-bids to go using less than 4* including :

Missisauga (3*)

Scarbourough (3.5*)

Vaughn (3*)

Don Valley (3*)

-Started with PRICELINE Link

P.S.

-just read another recent Sheraton posting, so will add these details also

-asked for upgrade (to King bed) during check-in....very pleasant...but fully booked (not sure about extra $)

-however, offered a King Jr. Suite (with a double bed)...no charge...8th floor Richmond Tower!

-very clean, newly refurbished room

-did link my email checkin info to S.P.G. club membership

PPS.

-next time I will go for an executive room in the 'Queen' tower with 'Club life' access

...didn't know....but now all of us do :)

QUESTION RE: REbidding? (I have read, re-read....but still not confident on how to maximize re-bid potentials)

-to maximize # of opportunities @ re-bids

1) do I just keep adding (+) zones OR do I close down browser & start again?

-as illustrated above, Toronto has SOOOO many options for re-bid, as all of those (except Scarborough) have only 3*

-so this makes 10 rebids @ 4 start alone for either downtown North or South separately, then double that by adding the other, then quadruple by adding 3.5 *

-I have to make a grid/matrix b4 I start

2) MY FEAR IS (cause I have not tried this yet) ....if I close browser...how do I start rebid again?

i.e. does it allow you to just start again as if you have never been there b4?

3) if I review the 'accepted' bids, and see nothing so low....is there any point to starting there?

thanks again

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this stay and that you received a nice room upon check-in.

It's not clear to me from your post if you have a question regarding re-bidding or if you were answering somebody elses questions that you had seen in another thread... if you have a question please re-post in this thread and we'll try to answer/clarify any questions you have on the subject.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

THanks...it was a nice hotel.

Yes...those were awkwardly worded questions...sorry for the confusion. I have reworked them below, so hopefully it is more clear.

QUESTIONS/Clarifications I HAVE regarding the Rebidding process to maximize # of opportunities @ re-bids

1) do I just keep adding (+) zones (as I did above) OR do I only have 2 areas specified, then close down browser & start again?

-Toronto has so many options for re-bid, as all of those (except Scarborough) have only 3*

-so this makes 10 areas that do NOT have 4*, when seeking either downtown North or South, then double that by adding the other (North or South) then repeat by adding 3.5 *

2) MY FEAR IS (cause I have not tried this yet) ....if I close browser...how do I start rebid again?

i.e. does it allow you to just start again as if you have never been there b4?

3) if I review the 'accepted' bids, and see nothing so low....is there any point to starting so low?

i.e. if all accepted bids are $70-85/ then why start bidding @ $50?

thanks again

1) it depends upon the area... if you have lots of re-bid zones and you're bidding a narrow range between the low bid and high bid, and/or have lots of time before your stay, then simply adding a re-bid zone is the easiest way and least time consuming way to bid. If you don't have much time before your stay and/or have few re-bid zones to work with, then closing the browser is a technique which allows you to maximum your re-bid zones.

2) you close the browser because once bid, PRICELINE will not allow you to "UNcheck" a previously selected zone. So here is the difference using the zone you want (ZoneA) and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2:

Quick and Easy:

1) ZoneA

2) ZoneA + re-bid zone1

3) ZoneA + re-bid zone1 + re-bid zone2

TOTAL: 3 bids per cycle

More Time Consuming but more Bids per Cycle:

1) ZoneA

2) ZoneA + re-bid zone1

3) ZoneA + re-bid zone2

4) ZoneA + re-bid zone1 + re-bid zone2

TOTAL: 4 bids per cycle

To get this 'extra' bid, one would need to close the browser between bids 2 and 3... because otherwise there is no way to NOT INCLUDE re-bid zone1 after the failed bid. PRICELINE does remember your bid history, so you can't siply start from scratch, but you can bid the next combination in the cycle, because it is a unique combination that has not previously been bid before.

3) If the economy or a given hotel is slow, hotels may set rates at an all time low... if you don't try lowballing a bit, you'll never know if a new low price is available. So while in your example the chances of success at $50 is low, if you have the time and re-bid zones available, why not try for any low hanging fruit?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since it sounds like you know Toronto hotels a little bit, what bidding area would you recommend as the best to focus on to get the nicest hotel in Toronto? I will be traveling with my wife and 4 year old boy. I have been to Toronto several times, but not for a few years. Trying to choose between 4 days in Toronto May 5 - 9 or going to Chicago, which is a little closer to me.

Toronto is a great city, as you know. Downtown South & North are only a few minute walk apart, so either is very close to so many things.

DT south is closer to the CN tower, Skydome for the Blue Jays, etc.

All depends upon what you wish to do...but bidding on 4* using PRICELINE to score either for $75-85 / night is pretty great I think...given rack rates of $200+

If you wish to use HOTWIRE, then check the listings, ratings on here (better bidding)...as these lists will allow you to almost pinpoint the exact hotel. You can then look at it online to see if it suits what/where you wish to go.

Also you can start a new topic, given your questions & basic results...and the moderators will help you with your search...they are awesome!

Best of luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]