Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

cabara
By cabara,
in

I can't say too often how much I love this Web site!!!!

My brother and his wife are looking at trying for a Jersey City hotel on March 19 to 24 or March 20 to 25. They'd like to pay less than $75 a night and they're willing to split the bid.

There would be three in the room -- parents and teenage son.

Any advice you can offer on a good bidding strategy would be most welcome!

Just a reminder that Priceline only guranteed double occupancy (although this hotel has been accomodating to room preferences in the past)

With that said, I would choose one set of dates and...

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $48, if rejected change dates to the alternate set of dates, keep at 3*, and

Bid $55.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My brother made his first attempt using Priceline. He tried bidding 3/19 to 3/24 at $48 and was rejected. Then he bid 3/22 to 3/24 at $48 and was accepted at the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City.

So he still has three more nights of his trip to book, but so far he is thrilled with the partial win.

Congratulate him on his (partial) win.

I don't believe any of the shaded regions on Priceline include the location of the Sheraton. HOTWIRE's zone does include the location of the Sheraton, but it has never been reported as being received.

The Sheraton Suites is often avaialable thru QUICKBOOK for $150 or so.

If you'd like to help him with the remainder of the trip please start a new thread with the balance of the dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Thanks, thereuare!

My brother and his family had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City. They found the access to the city via PATH and subway to be so easy that they preferred over riding into the city in my car.

Also, for those visiting NYC and staying in New Jersey, they took a bus tour that originated in New Jersey but that hit the high spots of NYC. The tour company can be found at www.newyorktoursnyc.com

It picks up at various hotels and was a good tour. The only down side was the people who get picked up first get a good long ride around New Jersey.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]