Hotwire Hotel: 3* Vancouver (Downtown West) Greenbrier Hotel

querycurio
By querycurio,
in

Was hoping for either Coastal or the last legs of Pacific Pallisades ... but was stumped when i got this name : never even heard of it!

If others also bid for the same category - please let me know what hotel you got ... i'm curious to know if they have a few contingent hotels under the same general area category

The proximity to Robson and Stanley Park seems niceish though :) but the reviews on the Google Maps says it used to be a shaddy lean to but is now renovated ... so here's fingers crossed! I'll report back with a review

their new website markets a HUGE high end makeover with the rooms priced between $500 - $1,500! However that must be their own overly high expectations bec market rate on other sites how more modest prices for the same rooms.

:)

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

You can't post a link to HOTWIRE since they expire. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

whoops : in my enthusiasm I forgot that vital part

7 & 8 May 2010

!! when i went back to the site i noticed that : the same hotel description just went down in price! to just $66! no fair maybe i should've waited

==============

3-star hotel in Downtown Vancouver West

This hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Kitchenette

just checked in .. and it is disappointing!!!

its a lot of misleading advertising ... for eg they don't have AIR-CON ... what kind of home doesn't have aircon ... and i can't keep the windows open bec BECAUSE they gave me a "suite" on the ground level looking ONTO (no i correct that looking UPTO) a carpark and the street. The room is ground level and basement level. So with no Air-con one can only leave the window open - so their website is a complete hoax to raise the level of expectation and to entice customers .. !!r

I know your stay is coming to an end, and I'm sorry that it didn't work out too well.

But I have to wonder about the air conditioning. It's freezing in Vancouver right now (well 46F), so you don't need it because of the heat.

Hardly any homes here have air conditioning, and most non-4* hotels would not.

hi

yes! in the morning I did complain to the front desk - who were much more professional than the night man. I took pictures of the state of the room, which should not be available for guests at all - it has grills on the windows sublevel looking up to cars and the front lounge is like a shop window - so one can NEVER have the curtains drawn open : the state of that suite reminded me of a tv show I've seen about how gangs keep call girls in locked rooms but with red light district-Amsterdam like shop front. I took pictures so you can view the state of that suite. The room is behind the front desk and last night's experience was something like Sopranos meets Fawlty Towers.

It is a pity as the hotel generally has good potential and that first night's experience put my review off to a bad start.

The morning staff were much better and moved me across the hall (still ground floor though) to the other side overlooking a green tree and a vacant block with weeds growing on it (to note : they called it a "green park") The suites are equipped with a kitchen BUT not a single utensil in the place. I had to request for a bowl and some utensils and was brought plastic ones, which was the best that the front desk staff could do - as I think this is a general restriction placed by short-sighted management. Also, they should not exaggerate their facilities on the website : for eg I booked this place because it said it had a kitchen for me to cook in, and in structure the layout does have a kitchen, but the stove does not function and there is no microwave (though i was told by the night man I could use the microwave in the staff room). Last night's room coffee machine did not work so i was given a dirty kettle and when I complained about the kettle the response was "its given to you to try and accomodate you, I would drink from that" !!!! Dear fellow reviewers i took a picture of that said kettle and you can tell me what you think if you saw a kettle in your hotel room with that amount of grime inside it! I told them, they should never give a kettle like that to any guest, its unsanitary and doesn't meet any standards of housekeeping.

The set up is very young - they had a hasty refurbishment for the Olympics ... so, there is potential but they need to look at the details like (non plastic) utensils, never renting out that basement/groundfloor room behind the front desk.

They do have a nice extra of offering coffee, juices, muffins and croissants in the morning in the foyer - that is a very nice detail and bonus marks for this to make up for the other stumbling inadequacies. So, overall the Greenbrier does have potential to be a good value find ... but they really need to look at the details and standards

I'll base my Tripadvisor, Hotwire and Priceline review on my new suite with a subtle warning about the room behind the frontdesk.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]