Priceline Hotel: Help with Quebec City Hotel Bidding

abseeya
By abseeya,
in

Hi,

We are looking for a room in Quebec City for July 10th and 11th. We are looking to book the Hilton which I believe is a 3.5*, however I haven't been able to locate the Priceline map for QC. Not sure how much to bid, having scanned the board I've seen some of the recent bids posted which seem to be in the $80/night range. I think the Delta is also a 3.5* which would also be fine, but I don't know if there are any others in the same category. 4* would also be fine...but is it only the Loews in this category?

Bidding strategy: The hotels are in zone 2, as there are no 3.5* or 4* hotels in zones 1 & 3, I figure I can add the two rebid zones if my initial bid is rejected. If someone could help with setting up the bidding strategy (zones & pricing) I would appreciate it.

I will be sure to use the PRICELINE link from this site. Thanks so much for any help.

You can the previous wins reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

Once you have reviewed it please confirm that you are still interested in a 3.5* hotel with a $100 maximum bid price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Quebec...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Quebec and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80

The above is likely too low ($100 may even be too low) but i'd start with the above just to lowball on your first round of bidding, if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried the same for exactly a week later. Prices are pretty high during that period because of the Quebec Summer Music festival or something like that.

Went up to $ 100 for a 3 1/2 or 4* hotel, but failed. For a week I raised my offer with $ 5 every time starting at $ 70 and tried $ 100 a couple of days in a row. Then I decided that a 3* would be fine as well for the 2 nights. I didn't wanted to pay more than $ 100 a night. Ended up with this priceline winning bid paying $80 for the Best Western City Centre, which is a rather nice price for that hotel and period.

Good luck bidding!

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]