Priceline Hotel: 5* Munich plan City Center South

mathprincess
By mathprincess,
in

So I'm aiming for the Le Meridien Munich. It's the only 5* that comes up for City Center South on the retail section of PRICELINE and the average price that shows up on "name your own price" when I put in my dates is $186 USD which is the price of this hotel. It's an awesome location right next to the train station and #11 on trip advisor. I think I'll start off at $90/night then I get two free re-bids adding south and airport. Do u think that's a good price to start at? My dates are May 24th to the 27th. Mon to Thursday. Thanks for you help. I will make sure to use the PRICELINE link and hopefully add this hotel to your list.

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

Starting at $90 certainly seems reasonable, but given just over a month before your stay, little/no price history at this star level in this zone, and 2 re-bid zones for multiple bids each cycle, i'd maybe start at $80 just to make sure you don't leave anything on the table and wish you had started lower... you'll still likely get to a 'reasonable' price in less than a weeks time.

Let us know if/how we can be of further help and how it goes.

Good luck and thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I put in $90 and I get that sad red bar saying that I have little to no chance of being sucessful. Sad times cause it did that up until $140, I know you advise not to worry about this warning. I started at $100 rejected, added zone bid $115 rejected.

I did a little more research and I have to pay for internet and breakfast at this hotel. The Eurostars Central has a promotion for 99 EUR (~135 USD) a night that includes taxes, breakfast, and internet so I may book this, since it's refundable and see if prices drop some more. I'll kepp you updated if I decide to bid again

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

That seems like a good deal, although not necessarily apples-to-apples comparison as the Eurostars Central is likely rated less than 5* by most sites. Given that it's refundable i'd certainly use it as a back-up, but whether to stick with this deal or continue to try for a 5* which will likely cost you more (plus internet and breakfast) depends upon what you're looking for from this stay.

Keep us updated as to what you decide to do and let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]