Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rochester (South) La Quinta Inn and Suites South

dc3
By dc3,
in

Used the HOTWIRE links on the board. Amenities agree with those posted on your list:

Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Business, Laundry

This is a former Hampton Inn that has been renovated. Reviews are all recent and positive. There is another La Quinta in the same South zone but it is called Rochester North, though it's also south, just not as much.

Congratulations on your success!

Always nice to see that the hotel you received is well reviewed. Glad you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

After the trip I considered whether this was a good deal. It seemed like a 2* hotel by the criteria listed on Hotwire's site. In fact they list Laquinta and Day's Inn as typical 2* properties. It meets the 2* criteria perfectly. For 3* it should have a restaurant and room service and they give as example Holiday Inn, Radisson, Doubletree. So I wrote to Hotwire and they told me that they think it's 3* - end of discussion. Priceline lists it as 2* on their open site and Expedia lists it at 2.5* as does Hotels.com. I find no one listing it as 3* (AAA gives its diamonds based on quality within the category, so it doesn't count - a 3* resort is much better than a 3* economy motel). So the problem is that Hotwire being opaque can sell a 2* hotel as 3* by their own standards. I'm sure that Priceline would have had this at 2* but all that aside, this shows the problem with Hotwire. Finally, the Hotwire price was about the same as the hotel's on its own web site that day. In checking prices, I didn't look at 2* properties as the Hotwire site listed the hotel as 3*.

Most La Quinta properties are now 3* rated by HOTWIRE, but unfortunately they have never updated the section of their site where they list La Quinta as an example of a 2 star property (although they do state something to the effect that the brands are simply examples and one brand can have a different star rating depending upon location) Since HOTWIRE shows the amenity icons, they don't have any requirement that a 3* hotel must have a Restaurant (or any other amenity)

Doesn't sound like a total loss, hopefully the included breakfast was good, but hope you feel your future stays provide a better value.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We stayed here through a HOTWIRE win as well...

Please begin to share your win(s) with the board as you receive them so that the information can best help others users in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]