Priceline Hotel: Parking Fee at Hyatt Waikiki

FromFlorida
By FromFlorida,
in

Hello Everyone,

I came to know about this site thru google search and reading the priceline threads for last 2 days as we are heading to Hawaii (oahu and big island) in May. I was thinking to bid for resort; some of you have got Hyatt Regency for around $80. I have a question for those who stayed there or have some info:

1. What other fee they charge other than what we pay on price line (I resort fee etc).

2. I called them and did not get good answer (initially they said no other fee, then she said that their may be some fee etc)

3. I was told they will charge $33 plus tax for parking fee (there is no self parking).

Can any one share the first had experience?

Actually, I am a budget traveler and was thing of booking 2-3 star hotel but thought to take advantage of price line bidding.

Appreciate any help/tips.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

From the hotel website:

The Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa is pleased to offer guests the convenience of indoor valet parking, with in and out privileges.

Cost: $33.00 per night plus tax.

I'm not certain but i don't believe this property charges a Resort fee.

I'll also add a reminder that with PRICELINE you can't bid on a specific hotel... you can receive any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating (or higher) that you select.

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes and fees)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes and fees)?
We will be in Oahu from May 1 to May 5 (so need for 4 days) and will go to Big island to see valcano for a day (ie 5th night -- One day at Hili or near Valcano National Park)

My budget is $60-70 per night and I looked at PRICELINE there are several properties available from 2 to 3 start at this price(list price); not sure the location though as it is our first visit to Hawaii. May be we can get much lower price for these properties thru bidding.

When I visited this site and saw that some people are getting resort for $80ish so I thought to increase my budget a little. Not sure what other costs will be involved while staying in 5 stars or resorts?

We are budget traveler and will be out/driving seeing places most of the time. We are traveling with our toddlar.

Please advise.

At most places in the Waikiki area i would assume you're going to incur parking costs.

What you decide to do really depends upon your budget and what type of hotel experience you're looking for from this stay.

$60-$70 sounds cheap for this area (although you weren't sure of the actual location of these hotels) and while you can probably do a little better than these rates by bidding for the zones in which these hotels are located, i would expect much cheaper rates... hotels have certain fixed costs that they need to cover and i'm guessing you're not likely to see 50% off from the rates you're quoting, unless it's a less than ideal area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we can take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]