Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Branson Scenic Hills Inn

Tstilwell
By Tstilwell,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and there are too many budget hotels in this area with the amenities above to take much of an educated guess.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered fro the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to "look behind the curtain". If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay. Not sure if this is an option given that you'll be traveling with two kids in tow (not sure of their ages), but presented as an option if there is nothing else available close to this price point.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need some help ID's a 2.5* hotel in Branson, MO. Amenities - Breakfast. Pool, Laundry Center. Traveling w/ 1 adult, 2 children June 6-11.

Thank you for the info. I wish I had waited. I pulled the trigger on the booking after getting this 48-hour sale email from Hotwire. Ended up with some Mom&Pop hotel with terrible reviews on TripAdvisor. The Hotwire site said TripAdvisor rating was 3.5 and that Hotwire was still gathering reviews for the property. Based on that, I thought it would be OK. I was wrong to trust that info. TripAdvisor has it rated as a 2, with one terrible comment after another. I called Hotwire to discuss the misrepresentation of the hotel, but they were no help. They tried to tell me they don't use TripAdvisor's ratings, but it was posted directly on their website after clicking on the hotel details link. I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but I fear my little family vacation may suffer because I tried to save some money trusting Hotwire. I am bummed. Any advice?

Tstilwell

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

I'm sorry to hear this. But there's not much you can do if HOTWIRE has answered your complaint. The TripAdvisor rating is not the same as the HOTWIRE rating. It might have said 3.5* in guest judgement, but not 3.5* for star rating.

I always take the TA reviews with a grain of salt. And keep in mind with TA reviews that many of those people paid full price, which is often significantly more, and may have different expectations at those price points. And for some reason is the TA people eager to complain over ridiculous things.

Can you please post the name and final price for this hotel so we can add this property to bords Hotwire Hotel List

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yes....it is called the Scenic Hills Inn.....$231 for 5 nights. Really, the price is a heck of a deal, but I think I will stick to 3.5* and above from now on, just to ensure I don't end up in a dive. FYI...the star rating for this hotel was only a 2* at TA. Also, a 2* at Hotwire partner Expedia. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the follow-up!

I'm not familiar with this property, but i woudn't describe the TA reviews as "one terrible comment after another"... while there are some negative reviews of this property, there are also quite a few which give it glowing reviews. I would go with an open mind and realistic expectations (ie- don't expect a 4 star experience at this 2.5 star hotel) and hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]