Priceline Hotel: Need help with disneyland

sk25
By sk25,
in

Hi!

I need a little guidance. I understand that the hotels are based on double occupancy. We are a family of four. If we bid and win do I then check with the hotel about the room?? I am looking to book only one night 4/24/2010 ck-in hopefully south side of disneyland - Sheraton, doubletree, crowne plaza. What amount to start bidding with and is PRICELINE better or HOTWIRE?

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you are a family of four, the best choice in this case to guarantee more than one bed would be HOTWIRE (as with HOTWIRE one can note the amount of adults and children in the party.) Please provide your desired budget per night and star rating and we would be happy to provide suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I also won the Crowne Plaza for a Saturday night last May for $38 and had no problem getting a room with 2 beds for my family of 5. About 10 days ago I won the Hilton Anaheim for $46 and had no problem getting 2 beds. I too always call the hotel immediately after winning to request a room with 2 beds. It is my belief that the hotels in the Disneyland zones have more rooms with 2 beds than rooms with just 1 because so much of their business is families going to Disneyland.

The other thing I always do is try to check in earlier in the day rather than later (when room availability is lower). Crowne Plaza let us check-in at 11:30 a.m. since they had a room available. Tried to do the same with the Hilton (they didn't have early availability but I showed up right at 4:00 pm when they told me they would have something available).

Bottom line is, if you bid on PRICELINE you are taking a risk of not getting 2 beds. My feeling is the risk, particularly in this area, is pretty low and worth the considerable savings over HOTWIRE rates (which I think are over $100/night for a 3 1/2*). Good luck to you and have fun!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]