Priceline Hotel: 6/1-6/3 3.5 or 4* NYC bidding help needed

rykos
By rykos,
in

My mother and her two friends will be travelling to New York June 1 to June 3. Because there are three of them, they need to have at least two beds--whether it be two double beds or 1 double/queen/king and 1 cot--whatever is find as long as there will be enough room for the three of them.

I know with PRICELINE, once your bid has been accepted, you can't guarantee that your request for an extra bed will be accepted, but are there any areas in NYC where most of the hotels in the 3.5 or 4* categories are likely to grant that request?

For example, I checked Empire Hotel in the UWS, and through their own website, it's impossible to book a room for three people. So for my purposes, I'm not even going to bother including the UWS.

But the 3.5* Roosevelt has rooms with two double beds available (and has a few wins for that period), so MTE is an option.

A related question--if a hotel cannot provide a room with two beds, are they usually willing to provide a cot at an extra charge? They'd be OK with that, too.

I'll definitely be using Better Bidding's PRICELINE link when I start bidding!

Good afternoon. :)

While it is true that one can request two beds or alternate bedding after winning a bid via PRICELINE, the hotel could say no - and one of the places where that is particularly true in NYC, where rooms with two beds are in short supply and often go for a premium. Even hotels where two beds are often available, the hotel could still say no (which one user reported happening at the Grand Hyatt not long ago), so while the hotel could have rooms with two beds available on these dates, they could still deny the request.

In this instance, I'd suggest booking through HOTWIRE instead, as you could indicate the amount of people in the room and have guaranteed some form of bedding for the amount of people in your party.

The Wyndham Garden Chelsea is $154 non-refundable ($10 additional for extra person fee) for these dates via Expedia.

Please provide desired budget per night and star rating.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the advice. Using PRICELINE, we were looking at 3.5* and above, but didn't want to bid more than $140 (so about $160 including taxes/night).

I checked out the HOTWIRE link, and hotels are still quite expensive. The cheapest was $186 for a 3.5* hotel in MTE, which could very well be the Roosevelt I mentioned before.

I'll ask them how they feel about Wyndham Chelsea. They might be OK with it. It's a bit difficult, because only one of them is a relatively seasoned traveller, and the other two are rather wary of the big city. I know the seasoned one would be OK with almost anything, but the other two are a little more demanding (not really demanding, but that's the best word I could come up with).

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]