Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle Are **DNW**

hitmann
By hitmann,
in

For dates of 07/09/10 - 07/11/10 (Coming from Vancouver,CAN for the Yankee's Game)

My bid incriments were as follows

$66.00

$71.00

$76.00

$81.00

$86.00

$91.00

$96.00

$101.00

$111.00

$121.00

For 4* Seattle, didn't win anything but after reading more and more on the forum I think it's because my time is too far in advance and hotels are thinking because there is so much time they can book it for full price instead of at a discounted rate and the second thing is that it falls on a weekend.

So I am going to wait until June or so to book this as I am in no hurry, I am coming from Vancouver to go to the Yankee's game I will keep you posted and I did use this websites link for PRICELINE.

I agree. I would book a refundable room, because summer can be crazily busy in Seattle.

Although it would not be my first choice, the new light rail transit between downtown Seattle and the airport makes airport hotels a much more attractive proposition for a Seattle stay than they used to be. Most likely (no guarantees, though) bids on airport hotels would be available even at a late date, so you could also consider that as a backup plan. I've stayed at four 3* airport hotels, and they were all perfectly fine.

I wish there were a way for me to suggest a surefire way to get the Springhill Suites or the Homewood Suites, as both of those are very good quality, even if not 4*. But I know quality could be a bit dicey with some 3* downtown, so maybe that is why you are avoiding them.

Your stay is a Thursday and Friday night, and availability looks better for Thursday.

HOTWIRE has a 4* in DT-Pike Place for $129 on Thursday, but nothing opaque for Thursday and Friday together.

Although it's early to split you may be able to win a 4* for Thursday night now for less than you've already bid.

Or what about trying for a 3.5* in Pike Place?

Your stay is a Thursday and Friday night, and availability looks better for Thursday.

hitmann's stay is for a Friday and Saturday night. Saturday nights in downtown Seattle tend to be expensive in the summer. And on top of everything else, the American Federation of Teachers is holding is biannual convention 7/7-7/11 at the Washington State Convention Center. PRICELINE rates might go down between now and then, but it's not safe to assume that will happen. If you really want to stay in downtown Seattle for this trip, I agree that you should make a refundable reservation now if you haven't already.

If, in the end, you're unable to find anything in downtown Seattle within your price range, and you're driving down from Vancouver, you may want to consider staying in Bellevue. It's fairly short driving distance from downtown Seattle, and rooms there tend to be cheap on weekends (and most have free parking).

hitmann's stay is for a Friday and Saturday night.

You're right, tilepusher, and thanks for the correction.

The basic rate structure is still as I outlined: HOTWIRE has a Pike Place 4* for $129 for the OP's first night (Friday) but no opaque 4* for Saturday night alone, or for Friday and Saturday together.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]