Priceline Hotel: 3* Jersey City Question

DeltaPurser
By DeltaPurser,
in

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for some input here for an upcoming stay in the NYC area. I've bid up to $65 for a 3* hotel in Jersey City hoping for the Hyatt. All bids have been rejected, but I managed to score a counteroffer on the last try. If I am willing to accept a price of $82 they can get me a room somewhere.

I've never seen the Hyatt come up at anything higher than around $60, so I'm curious to see if anybody else has had a bid this high accepted by the Hyatt, or if I will end up at the Doubletree or Sheraton.

I have also checked Hotwire, and they have rates in the $78-84 range for my dates, EXCEPT for two days in the middle when their rate is $230'something.

Btw. I'm looking at the first week in May.

Anybody?!

DeltaPurser :)

That would help, wouldn't it?!

May 1st thru May 6th. Hotwire has the 2nd and 3rd at over $200 per night and the other nights at $70-80. And if I put in all dates, 1st thru 6th, it comes up as $228 per night. Hotwire is not the problem though as they only seem to have one hotel in the 3.5* category. Just curious how this translates to Priceline, as they seem to have more than one 3* hotel.

Any input greatly appreciated.

I pushed my 3* bid in Jersey City to $70.00 per night and scored

the Doubletree Club Suites. This is a nice hotel but having stayed

at the Hyatt on the Hudson on several visits, this is a very distant

second... If you are desperate for a room, the DCS is more than

acceptable especially for the price.

Regards, Keoni :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]