To add to the above...
Using the specific(s) that you mentioned for this upcoming stay i think your $150 budget is possible, but likely going to fall short (i'd give it a 30% chance of so of success)... however, you're not far off, as something in the $150-$170 seems like it would be do-able for a 4* hotel in one of the zones that you had mentioned. As well, any bidding strategy that we suggest will start low and then gradually move higher, so even if something is available for less than we may think, you can still pick it up for the lower price since we start lower than what we think is likely needed for a win.
As far as prices coming down if you wait, there is no way to know, it is all based upon supply/demand (which for hotels comes down to how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations). If the hotel receives more new reservations and/or few cancellations for your dates then rates could rise from here... if they receive fewer new reservations and/or more cancellations then rates could dip. However, with just 2 weeks to go before your trip hotels already have a very good idea of their occupancy levels. Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com i'm currently i'm seeing 4* hotels in the zones you mentioned above starting at $225-$250/nite, so it comes down to how much of a discount would you need from this price range to make an 'opaque' purchase worthwhile?
If you're ready to begin bidding for this trip please confirm if you want to keep your maximum bid at $150/nite OR if you're willing to increase to something closer to $175 and we will advise accordingly.
Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.