2 adults + 1 teen = 2 beds

MCH1126
By MCH1126,
in

I am new to this discusssion - and I am really learning a lot. We are going to do a college visit in Boston - want to bid on a 3* hotel room in Copley Square zone. April 3-5, 2010. I know that when we 'name your price' or do the 'big deal days' on PRICELINE, it is for 2 adults/1 bed. If I win/accept a reservation, it says I would have to call the property directly to see if other rooms are available. What is your experience/advise on this? Will hotels accomodate us? It's only 2 nights. I'd like to know before I bid. Thank you.

All that is guaranteed with PRICELINE is a room which will accommodate double occupancy. You could receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds (or there could be an additional charge involved)

If you want to ensure sleeping accommodations for triple occupancy HOTWIRE may be a better option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, and ensure enough bedding for everyone you include in your search.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All that is guaranteed with PRICELINE is a room which will accommodate double occupancy. You could receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds (or there could be an additional charge involved)

If you want to ensure sleeping accommodations for triple occupancy HOTWIRE may be a better option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, and ensure enough bedding for everyone you include in your search.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you - I will go on HOTWIRE (thru the link here) and see what happens. I will let you know what I do. Thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at a La Quinta and get many Priceline reservations a day. Priceline, who acts as a travel agent, usually puts them in a room with 2 queen beds, but when the guests shows up, we ask them if they need one bed or two beds and try to accommodate the request based on our availability.

I also use Priceline many times a year and as soon as I win a hotel bid, I will call the hotel up to see if they had gotten the reservation and I ask them the room type they have me in. Depending on the hotel, they will most likely get you in the room type you request (one bed, two beds).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]