Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Sea World - Mission Bay - Shelter Island) Paradise Point Resort and Spa

Lhodge
By Lhodge,
in

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on hotels in SD. Family of four - 2 younger children. I would like to be fairly close to Sea World, and the Zoo. BUT, I also would like to be close to shopping, marina, or on the water. We are renting a car but would also like to be in an area that is convenient to walk to restaurants, shoppi g etc....... Thanks.

Are you looking for recommendations on specific hotels or more generally areas of San Diego to stay in? The reason I ask is if you bid on PRICELINE, you won't be able to pick a particular hotel. I live in San Diego and have kids. Because you have young kids, were you also planning to go to Legoland? If so, you might want to stay somewhere more central (i.e. in the Del Mar/La Jolla area). If you're not planning to go to Legoland, I would probably recommend staying somewhere downtown near the Gaslamp, Sea Port Village, Harbor. You can walk to restaurants, shops, Children's Museum and are within a few miles of the zoo, Balboa Park and all the museums. Sea World is about 10 minutes away by car.

Sea World is in the Mission Bay area which also has some hotels, but nothing else you can walk to. What star level hotel property are you looking at and how much are you willing to pay per night? In the downtown PRICELINE zone you can usually get a 4* for about $70 - $75, a bit more on HOTWIRE but you get more info. on HOTWIRE that can help you i.d. a property and can also guarantee you'll be able to get a room with 2 beds.

Let me know your plans and I am happy to help you further.

Hi, I guess I need to be more specific. I am looking for general areas in San Diego. We are not planning on going to Legoland. Our dates are 4/14 - 4/17. I am thinking the Zoo one day, Sea World one day and shopping, beach, other sight seeing the third day. I am hoping to bid $60 - $65 per night and get a 3 or 3 1/2*. Any other suggestions are welcome, my kids are 6 and 2, thanks.

Lhodge

PRICELINE only guarantee a room for two adults. That could mean one bed. Is this a risk you're willing to take?

If not, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy as well as take a guess as to the hotel being offered based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Orbitz has the Best Western Mission Bay for $59.33/night. It's a Buy 2 Nights, Get One Free promotion. That for 4 people, 2 queen beds, with parking and continental breakfast included.

I'm not familiar with this Best Western hotel and the Orbitz reviews are only middling (3.1 out of 5), but that's a very good price for four people and close to the tourist sites you mentioned.

For the same $60 I think you can probably win a nicer hotel on PRICELINE--maybe a 3* in Downtown or Mission Valley or Shelter Island zones--but you wouldn't have the 2 bed guarantee.

The Holiday Inn Bayside (4875 N. Harbor Dr) has previously been reported with this amenity combination so that would be my best guess for this one... although i wouldn't rule out the Holiday Inn Mission Bay/Sea World (3737 Sports Arena Boulevard) either.

One other option is if you change your search to 4adults/0chlidren a 'new' 3* hotel appears in this zone for just about the same price with: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Tennis, Laundry

This one is a match for the Holiday Inn Express (DeSoto Blvd) if this should work for your plans.

I will also add that the Orbitz deal Colfax mentioned above seems like a pretty good deal for the price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Orbitz link if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking to bid on a 3* or 3.5* in San Diego. I would like some help on the bidding process and a strategy.

We are traveling 4/14 - 4/17. I say we (husband, myself, 6yr old, and 2 yr old) I would like to start bidding at $55.00/night. Please help! Thanks.

My first choice would be - Zone 14

What are your thoughts on the suggestions above?

There is no specific amount to try and bid to ensure a particular property - bidding more to try and get a particular property will likely result in overbidding for the property that you may have gotten for less.. Are you okay with possibly having only one bed (as PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy which could mean a room with only one bed)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Travel 4/14 - 4/17

I have a few hotels i am trying to figure out -

3* $66 SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island area hotel

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply. Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal. Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

3.5* - $89.00 Downtown - Harbor Island area hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free. Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply. Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal. Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary. Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply. High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

4* - $89.00 SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island area hotel

Resort

Resorts offer a complete destination experience. Facilities generally include a spa or fitness center, one or more swimming pools, and superior dining options. Depending on location, recreational activities may include water sports, golf, tennis or skiing. Coastal resorts usually boast ocean views or beachfront access. Note: A resort fee may be charged. Beachfront

Property is located on the beach. Fitness Center

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal. Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary. High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply. Golf Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one golf course; an extra charge typically applies. Tennis Nearby

Property is located within walking distance or a short drive of at least one tennis court; an extra charge typically applies. Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Here is a list - thanks for any help and info you can give me. Travel 4/14 - 4/17

4-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island - $95

Resort Beachfront Fitness Center

Pool(s) Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby Tennis Nearby Spa Services

3-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island - $69

Fitness Center Pool(s) Laundry Facilities High-speed Internet Access

3.5-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island - $95

Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) Business Center High-speed Internet Access

4-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island - $89

Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) Business Center High-speed Internet Access

4-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island - $95

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

3-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island - $69

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities

3.5-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island - $95

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

4-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island - $89

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

The above is the preferred method of listing the amenities as you can see how much easier it is to see than either of your previous posts.

Best guess for each of the above is as follows:

4* SeaWorld = Paradise Point Resort and Spa

3* SeaWorld = Holiday Inn Bayside

3.5* Downtown = Sheraton Suites San Diego

4* Downtown = Westin San Diego

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, quick question - Hotwire

3-star hotel in SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island = Holiday Inn on the Bay

Fitness Center

Pool

Laundry Facility

Isn't this hotel located in the downtown harbor island zone??? Please help I am going to book my room tonight, thanks.

Hotwire- 4/14 - 4/17

Ok, thanks. So to clarify - 3* SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island area hotel - will be Holiday Inn Bayside???

If I put in 2 adults 2kids these are the amentities listed

Fitness Center

Pool

Laundry Facilities

If I put in 4 adults the amentities listed are the same above PLUS

Complimentary Breakfast

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Please help!!

• 5 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your previous win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]