Priceline Hotel: Help: Going back to Maui for 10th Anniversary

madabb
By madabb,
in

We are staying at the Westin Maui Resort (booked already) for a few days and then, we are looking to move to a different hotel.

Need hotel for jun 13-17, 2010. We are not too picky and are open to suggestions. Willing to spending around $100.00-130.00 (including resort fee). Willing to stay at 2-3 stars if it would save us money (below $100).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

We are staying at the Westin Maui Resort (booked already)...
Please follow-up your previous Priceline Maui indicating how you booked the westin (hotel direct, PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, etc) and if PRICELINE / HOTWIRE please include the pertinent info (star rating, city, zone dates, room rate, amenities shown before purchase, etc)

Then reply to this thread and we'll help with the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody reading your Hotwire Hawaii thread will know to look here to learn that you booked the Westin thru a package... please add a reply to that thread so that future users have a 'conclusion' and aren't left wondering what you ultimately did for that trip. Then reply to this thread and we'll look at the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming you're seeking one room, and PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, which means you could receive a room with only one bed, and the hotel may not be able, or willing, to switch you to a room with two beds (or there could be an additional charge)... is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, so that would still be an option.. have you tried doing a search there for 2adults/2children to see what appears and at what price?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Royal Lahaina so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Use the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to look back at 2009 and see prices for the month of June :)

However, keep in mind that you're looking for quad occupancy, which can often raise prices a little, so your expected price should be a little higher than many which you're seeing, which may be for double occupancy.

Also, not sure of your plans for this trip, but from my own experience traveling with small children, i would be seeking a hotel that is on/near the beach and with more amenities than a 2*/3* offers as it will make the experience more enjoyable for them, which ultimately makes the experience more enjoyable for you. Much easier when your hotel is near your spot on the beach so that you can easily get back to the room for anything you (read: the kids) forgot, less distance to lug things around, etc.

please help ID

Ka'anapali area hotel 3*

3.5-star hotel in Ka'anapali

This hotel features the following amenities:

Beachfront

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

TennisNearby

3*Wailea Makena

3-star hotel in Wailea - Makena

Suite

Near Beach

1-Bedroom Suite

Airport Shuttle

Free Parking

Air Conditioning

In-Room Laundry

Pool(s)

24-hour Front Desk

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Condo

The 3.5* is a match for the The Royal Lahaina so that would be my best guess for that one.

The 3* Condo has not yet been identified.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Resort and 4* for all areas with max bid at 124-140.

At 3*, I've tried $100.

i am still about 3 mos. away. Seems like most winning bids are within 2 months. Case in point, most Wailea Marroitt are for may at around $120.00.

I would love to get any 4* or more in Wailea for $120 (As we are staying at the Westin for the beginning of our trip already).

Do you think this is possible or am I dreaming?

I am also considering Makena Golf package ($329.00 for unlimited golf for my hubby for one night)

Thanks for all your help!

I don't think you're too far off as HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Makena Beach and Golf Resort for $169/nite.

Assuming this is correct, is unlimited golf worth $169/nite? (i don't know the cost of a round there)

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please help ID; Thank you

3-star hotel in Kapalua

Resort

Beachfront

Property is located on the beach.

1-Bedroom Suite

Condominium offers a bedroom plus a living room and complete kitchen.

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Free Parking

In-Room Laundry

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Front Desk

Front-desk services are available during business hours.

Laundry Facilities

Kitchenette

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

Condo

Condos are typically larger than a hotel room. Most condos offer separate sleeping and living areas and a full kitchen or kitchenette.

Resort

Beachfront

1BR

Kitchen

Smoke Free

Free Parking

Laundry (in room)

Fitness

Pool

Front Desk

Laundry

Kitchenette

Condo

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board or identified, and with most Condos having similar amenities as their property, i don't think we'll be able to gain much insight into this one based upon the amenities.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 4 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. This helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]