Hotwire Hotel: Help id Quebec City 3 star hotel

brook1234
By brook1234,
in

A couple quick questions... Why do I get different results for the above request if I exclude the 1 child and just have 2 adults? Any ideas on a $73, 3* hotel searched as above but with only 2 adults and with a fitness centre and restaurant? I will use the site's links to start my purchase when the time comes. Thanks for your help.

Some standard hotel rooms are only designed to accomodate double occupancy, so such a hotel may not appear on a search for triple occupancy. Other hotels may have a limited number of rooms with two beds in them, so they only offer the opaque providers rooms for double occupancy, which makes it easier for them to manage their room inventory, assinging a room at check-in based upon what's available (vs. having to hold a triple occupancy room).

Another explanation is that HOTWIRE only shows the least expensive hotel in a given zone at a given star rating... some hotels charge more for occupancy mor than two, others have the same rate for up to four in the room. Therefore, one hotel can be the least expensive at double occupancy, but when adding additional guests, a different hotel can be the cheapest, and would replace the original hotel on a triple/quad occupancy search.

It's also possible that you're seeing the same hotel but with a different set of amenity icons.

There are multiple other explanations, but these are a few which are easiest to explain/understand.

A 3* with only these two amenities has not yet been reported in this zone, but given the nearly identical rate to the hotel offered for your 2adults/1child search, i think it's quite possibly the same property... but can't be certain or too confident given how common these two amenities are at a 3* city hotel.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]