Priceline Hotel: 10/26 - 10/29 Female Traveling Alone - need help

elviswife
By elviswife,
in

Hi All -

Traveling to SF on 10/26 for business, leaving 10/29. My Conference is at St. Mary's Cathedral at the corner of Gough and Geary. Although business is paying for this, would like to save my (non-profit) office some $ by going Hotwire or Priceline if I can. I understand there is a BIG conference in town these days (not mine) that is driving availability down and prices up, so any help is appreciated. And I am looking for 3 star boutique or up if I can (i usually stay at Joie D'vivre hotels, or Hilton/Hampton Inn, or Marriott).

I won't be driving - I'll be taking the Bart from the airport and then walking or taking the public transportation.

I don't think I want to stay in Japantown (although close to conference) because I have looked at Tripadvisor and the Tomo looks like I would feel uncomfortable with their decor and the others top complaint is thin walls (I sleep light). I also don't want to stay in the Fisherman's Wharf area.

My last concern is that I AM traveling by myself. So safety is a concern at night. I want to be able to go to dinner if I want, and not be held hostage inside my hotel. So I think Civic Center is out? Because it encompasses the Tenderloin area? For example, I was considering the Cova Hotel, because the HOTEL was getting wonderful reviews. But everyone said don't walk alone (it's in the Tenderloin).

My backup (call and book directly) is The Laurel Inn in Pacific Heights for about $150/night, or I think maybe the Hotel Carlton in Union Square for about the same $.

I'm not in town to shop or see shows, so I don't need to be near shopping or anything like that if I had to choose. I would rather have a nice room than "quick" access to shopping.

I hope I don't sound too picky - just want to be able to have a comfortable, clean, safe stay. :)

Any help is appreciated!!! You helped me with a trip a couple years ago and it was GREAT! :)

Hi again -

what I guess I forgot was my ACTUAL question! :)

I am hoping you can tell me some of the hotels I might expect to get at the 3, and 4 star level, and at what prices, and ameneties in the different areas (I guess I am looking at USE/USW/maybe Embarcadero if there are dining options at night). I have looked at the listings for what others have gotten...

I get a little nervous about getting the ONE crap location that has a 3 star rating even though it should be lower or something. I know, Priceline is not for the faint of heart, but hoping for a little help from my friends! :)

Welcome to the site.

One can find lists for the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE hotels that have been reported to the board at this link..

I'm unfamiliar with San Fran, so hopefully a local can advise on the best areas. However, in terms of PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, what would your budget (w/tax) be per night? Rates do vary by date.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

also, the link in your reply took me to a thread that hardly had any current posts on it.

I believe AaronJB was directing you to the PINNED links at the top of the California Tips and Hotel Lists which show the hotels that have been reported to the board for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.

More secificially these Hotwire Hotel List and Priceline Hotel List threads.

Le tus know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there -

after looking at LOTS of listings, threads, reviews, etc until my eyes are crossed, I think I want to bid on a four star hotel in the financial district. I think this will suit me - from what I can tell it's a bit quieter at night, and the 4 star properties would probably suit me fine. I don't want to spend more than $175 (before taxes) if I can avoid it.

If you can suggest a bidding strategy, I would appreciate it. I know I'm probably limiting you because that's really the only area I want to stay in (which is why I need help with the strategy). I know the 4 stars in Union Square would probably be great, too, but I am nervous about a lot of street noise (I'm a light sleeper). If anyone has another opinion, I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks in advance for your help. And yes, I will make sure to start my bidding through your PRICELINE link. :)

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Financial...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial and re-bid zone5...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Financial and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone5...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]