CA San Francisco Adante USW

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

The location of this hotel is good for tourists as it is four blocks from Union Square with shops and restaurants all around. The quality of the hotel (2 stars) is fine for the budget traveler. The room was small but clean and in reasonable state of repair.

The decor might be considered interesting by young guests. To me, it was what I would imagine a roadside motel in Tijuana would look like. The paint job was strange and included murals on all walls. My room walls had a lake painted on them, complete with swans, islands with trees, even a dingy.

The room had one queen bed; desk; dresser; closet; iron and board; one phone with one line; coffee maker. Two .5 liter bottles of water were offered for $3.95 each. The bathroom was fine, with more amenities than I would expect at this star level, all made in Australia and carrying a label of another hotel (York)...

I requested and got a room facing away from the street, and suffered no outside noise at all. Unfortunately, the inner walls failed at blocking noise, so I could hear my neighbors' conversations and activities as if they were right there in the room with me.

The temperature in the room was a problem. There was a ceiling fan but no air conditioning. At night, they run hot water to the radiators in the rooms. I didn't open the valve at all, but the room still got very hot at night. Discovered that the pipes the carry the water were not insulated, and the heat of the water radiated through the walls. It was really uncomfortable, and opening the window was not an option due to rain.

All phone calls incur a $.50 connection fee, plus applicable toll.

High-speed Internet (wired) was free but useless. It was about as fast as a 2400bps modem connection 15 years ago. The staff were aware of this. You could also use the wireless hotspot in the hotel lobby (ask the desk for the WEP key), but that connection was just as bad.

The free breakfast was just OJ, coffee, tea and blueberry muffins.

Parking: lots and garages nearby.

Front desk: very friendly.

No additional taxes/fees charged.

Bottom line: I would not want to stay there again.

Recommended: Max's restaurant 3 blocks down the road at Geary and Mason. Try the chopped liver sandwich and the matzo ball soup.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]