Priceline Hotel: 4* Asheville Grand Bohemian

sidewinder19
By sidewinder19,
in

Hi

I have unsuccessfully bid for the 4 star Grand Bohemian in Ashville. I am reasonably certain that is the only 4 star in Asheville. Their adv rate is 199 for next weds and 269 for thurs. I have bid up to 161 and been rejected.

1. Do I wait until next week?

2. Bid for weds night only and see if they offer me additional nights

3. about ready to just book weds night with hotel and bid on 3 or 31/2 star for balance of week

Any insight or advice would be appreciated

sidewinder

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the actual dates of your stay... it's not clear if this is a 2 nite stay (Wed-Fri) or longer since you are considering "bid on 3 or 31/2 star for balance of week"

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're willing to stay someplace else Thursday onward (and simply hope to stay there Thursday nite as well) i would try #2 above... but realize that if the extend your stay is offered, it most likley wont' be at the same rate. Best you should probably hope for is the offer to extend your stay, and then when attempting to do so, be told they found a room but it's at $xx, as it won't likely be at the same rate)

Of course if you're "reasonably certain" to believe that this is the only 4* hote lin the zone, if you're successful for the Wednesday nite, you could also then try bidding for the solo Thursay nite (and have two separate, but continuous, reservations)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're willing to stay someplace else Thursday onward (and simply hope to stay there Thursday nite as well) i would try #2 above... but realize that if the extend your stay is offered, it most likley wont' be at the same rate. Best you should probably hope for is the offer to extend your stay, and then when attempting to do so, be told they found a room but it's at $xx, as it won't likely be at the same rate)

Of course if you're "reasonably certain" to believe that this is the only 4* hote lin the zone, if you're successful for the Wednesday nite, you could also then try bidding for the solo Thursay nite (and have two separate, but continuous, reservations)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks thereuare,

I have been offered extended stays but did not realize that they could be at different rate

I am a risk taker so I think I will try for the solo weds and proceed from there. I can always fall back to a 31/2 or 3 star room which is beginning to look like a steal compared to the Bohemian.

But someone said you only go around once and the Bohemian looks like a good go around memory

Thanks thereuare,

I have been offered extended stays but did not realize that they could be at different rate

I am a risk taker so I think I will try for the solo weds and proceed from there. I can always fall back to a 31/2 or 3 star room which is beginning to look like a steal compared to the Bohemian.

But someone said you only go around once and the Bohemian looks like a good go around memory

DANG!!!!

Bid 186.00 for two nights and rejected. Trying to get room thru their reservations desk

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]