Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Silver Cloud Broadway

sdmikewind
By sdmikewind,
in

Hi - Thanks to the admins and users of this board for the great information and help. I am a first time user of PRICELINE (and I used the board's link to get there.) I am attempting to book three rooms in Seattle (Pike Place area) for Thursday night the 6th of August. After looking at the calendar and reading some of the posts here, I saw that rooms were going for 70 and 80 at the Westin. As mentioned, I need three rooms. I decided to bid $75 per room, but I was denied. I'm not sure I want to expand search to include Space Needle area yet, so a couple of questions first..

1. When bidding for more than one room, is it generally better to bid higher or lower than what I see in the calendar? or is it just a matter of chance.

2. Can I rebid in 24 hrs or is it 72 hrs?

Tx again

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm no expert on Seattle. But rates are date specific, so past rates are not allways valid for future stays.

I decided to bid $75 per room, but I was denied. I'm not sure I want to expand search to include Space Needle area yet
Is $75 your max budget?
When bidding for more than one room, is it generally better to bid higher or lower than what I see in the calendar? Or is it just a matter of chance.
If you have time on your side so start at the lower level. If it's very close to travel so do to a more complete research, checking rack rates at possible hotels etc. This is to get a feeling for the current revenue situation. Bidding $60 for hotels that average $200 close to your dates is in most cases not worth it. But this also depends on the area. Everything is much more easy when you have history for the zone you bid at. Also check HOTWIRE for your dates. many time is this a good indicator for current prices.
Can I rebid in 24 hrs or is it 72 hrs?

Do you know how to use your free zones? This is a good link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Just post for further help.

Yellowdog.

There were some wins at $75 and $80 for these dates, but they were won over a month ago and most of them were for multi-nite stays (which can also effect pricing).

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones available, so you have plenty of opportunities to start off low and gradually increase your bids. Are you familiar with re-bidding and/or able to determine your re-bid zones? (if you're new to re-bidding it's strongly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for all the great advice!

I started bidding at $80 for 4* and rebid 6x in increments of $5 for a final bid of $110.....still no luck.

I started over with 3+* and $75 at Pike Place no luck.

-Added Space Needle and bumped to $80...ACCEPTED!

Property Name: Silver Cloud Hotel Broadway

Address: 1100 Broadway

Seattle, Washington 98122

I was hoping to be west of I5, but hey can't complain at all about this deal...

-3 rooms + trip insurance + tax + service fees for just under $300.

Tx again...love this site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]