Cheapest season to travel to London

gcap05
By gcap05,
in

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been in London in several months, and I think the only thing that really matters is how strong your local currency is against the UK pound. All other factors pale in comparison. The prices in pounds do not change that much month to month. So if the option existed, I'd vote "none of the above" on the above poll :).

I would have thought that the one area where prices fluctuate significantly is regarding airfares to/from London. I expect July and August are the most expensive. At a guess, the cheapest are probably January and February.

As WillTravel says, other factors in London such as hotel prices etc don't seem to vary enormously as there is no real off-season time of year.

Airfare wise, January-February is consistenly cheapest, but most of the time November is just as cheap as January. You have Nov.-Dec. up as a choice though, and the second half of December is not cheap. Hotel-wise, I would say that again January-February is the cheapest (hotels that have low season rates have them from Nov. or Dec through March 1 or 15) because there are fewer tourists, but the disparity is not as much as with airfares.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]