Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (National Harbor) Gaylord National Harbor

dancemom3
By dancemom3,
in

Used the PRICELINE link on board, as usual.

A friend used Hotwire to get this Property for $102 for 7/5-7/12, and Priceline for 7/4 (for $95), so I felt rather comfortable starting bidding a bit lower (especially with 4 free rebid zones.) Was accepted at $85 on the first bid. I'm thrilled, as we really wanted this hotel for an event we are attending in NH. The rack rate is now going for $279, with our event pricing at $172.

Even with resort fees and parking, this is a deal!

Thanks for all of the great advice embedded on this board. Without it, I would have been afraid to start bidding at this discounted a rate. I've told numerous friends about this board and what is available to save. Using this strategy, I've now saved enough to cover the rest of the vacation! Thanks!!!!

Bid on 4* Washington, DC (National Harbor)

This win was also posted under the tips for DC (sorry for the wrong placement)

I think this is a relatively new zone as the area is young and no hotels are listed in this zone for either Priceline or Hotwire.

Used BB PRICELINE link to begin bidding (as always).

$85 bid accepted on first try.

Gaylord National Resort and Spa

201 Waterfront St.

National Harbor, Md 20745

301-965-4000

Your offer price : $85

Number of rooms: 1

Number of nights: 8

Subtotal: $680.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $111.43

Total Charges: $ 791.43

I know that a friend also booked this 4* property on Hotwire for $102 per night for 7/5-7/12/09; but do not know if she uses this board.

I am thrilled with this win as we are attending an event in National Harbor at this hotel and this price is less than 1/2 of the discounted rate. The Gaylord website lists prices of $279 and $319. While I've read several "poor service" reviews of this property (along with the additional resort fee and parking fee), I am still very happy with my win!!! (service takes a different meaning with a 300++/night room...) I've stayed at the Gaylord Opryland and the atrium is beautiful! Pictures of this property seem to look similar as well. Thanks for the help - the strategies learned on this board have saved me tons!

Congrats on your success. :)

Thank you for posting your win - looks like a great deal for this property. I've said the same thing as well many, many times - the expectations when you are paying $100-150 may not be the same as the expectations of someone paying $250-300. This looks like a gorgeous hotel to me, and at least - as you mentioned - you need to be in the area, so this would be a convenient location. To top it off, I'm impressed that you got this deal as many days in a row as you did, as that many days in a row can sometimes cause difficulty in getting bids accepted in some major areas.

A big thanks for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase, as well. Glad the site has been helpful. :)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]