Priceline rental car cancellation

leftcoast123
By leftcoast123,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

All "name your own pricereservations" hotel or car, cannot be changed or cancelled. However, sometimes PRICELINE allow bidders to change the resarvation, it's rare but it happens. I guess the fee is $25. And you get the rest of payment in credit for a new bid.

But saying that "i meant to bid $65 and not $80" for a hotel don't cut it.

Yellowdog.

First time user here.

Incorrectly putting in the car type or bid amount must happen every once in a while.

Will Priceline cancel bid without a penalty? What is the typical penalty for a hotel or car reservation?

TIA!

can you please share the details of your win?

your best bet is to call PRICELINE customer service and ask if you can pay a $25 fee for a one time cancellation and allow you to re-bid for the minivan. Let us know how results as this information could help others in the same situation. If you bid enough, you are bound to make a mistake, I've done it myself by not double checking my dates, or bidding in the wrong zone.

I think they wanted a 1 day rental as a cancellation fee so that would be ~$32. I still wasn't happy but that's better than paying ~$350 for a car I have no use for. They gave me the option of upgrading to a minivan for extra ~$15 per day but I can do much better on my own than paying ~$47 per day for a minivan.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]